Why are there different items on different maps?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lv 99 Rl0TEN

03-09-2013

Mundo doesn't need to compensate for anything.

He's MUNDO!

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

03-09-2013
2 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinDelMarr View Post
So has Mundo been compensated since the new TT? (Or is it the same situation)
Yes, the cost of Burning Agony per second was subsequently reduced from 20-40 to 10-30, which had a pretty big effect on his jungle viability. He was pretty popular for a little while in competitive play, focusing on jungle clear speed like Shyvanna who was getting a lot of play at the same time (late 2011 or early 2012 if memory serves).

As far as his current state goes I'm not sure what the live team's current stance on his power level is. One of the big things at the moment though as far as junglers go is there are a few really strong picks (Vi, Xin, Jarvan etc) that have been really dominant recently which has crowded out a number of other junglers. Those strong junglers are getting tweaked where appropriate which should help with assessing the sate of other junglers a lot.

Samflash3

03-09-2013

Random question - Who exactly uses Atmas impaler? Mundo seems like he would like it but compared to iceborm gauntlet or even going AP with liandrys t doesnt seem right

CodeChestnut

03-09-2013

Balance. No really, how would you feel about Zhonya's Ring being back? What about having Entropy on Summoners Rift? Here it comes more bruiser QQ.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

03-09-2013
3 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortferngatr View Post
As a guy who primarily plays TT and Dominion, I have a question.

What could you guys do to make the itemization choices/niches more visible (i.e. reducing burden of knowledge concerns with itemization versus champions)? I ask because there are still lots of people who do not take at least one of the two trap detection items against Teemo, and I also think that Dominion could be even better if we had some of the awesomeness of map-interaction items that SR got (perhaps a ranged-only AD carry item that launches a dragon-shaped bolt that can circle around towers briefly to interrupt and damage?).

Secondly, is it okay if we have another champion besides Skarner come from Kalamanda? I'd love to see the possibilities for making interactions with the Crystal Scar--and I'm sure there's someone on the concept wall that could fit in....
Completely agree, using items to help balance maps means we need to make sure those items are apparent to new players to those modes. Also generally agree there's a lot of potential to help out some of the types of champion that struggle a bit on some modes via itemization, do need to be very careful to ensure that the items aimed at helping them don't simply make champions already dominant even more dominant however.

I'll pass on the suggest of another Kalamanda champ to the concepts team, see what their thoughts are. Certainly champs with connections to existing settings/champions/lore is something we're aso interested in exploring as options.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

03-09-2013
4 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmidorifeed View Post
hows your meddling going?
Very well, thanks for asking!

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

03-09-2013
5 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samflash3 View Post
Random question - Who exactly uses Atmas impaler? Mundo seems like he would like it but compared to iceborm gauntlet or even going AP with liandrys t doesnt seem right
Atma's Impaler has been a pretty problematic item in the past when it's been good, blocking out a lot of build diversity and homogenizing playstyles and gameplay somewhat, hence we're not in a rush to make it a common pick on a number of champions. That's not to say it couldn't do with some changes sometime to improve it a bit (it's stats are a bit of mess for most characters in particular), someone like Xypherous is going to be able to speak to that much better than I can though.

Samflash3

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeChestnut View Post
Balance. No really, how would you feel about Zhonya's Ring being back? What about having Entropy on Summoners Rift? Here it comes more bruiser QQ.
Zhonya's ring is back. Its over at dominion. It is called The wooglet cap

Splinterheart

03-09-2013

Meeeedler, do you feel like adressing the Varus playerbase sometime about your thoughts about him in S3? If you remember you said you'd be watching him in S3 to see how he's doing:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...34837#31434837

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2013

Do you have any plans to make map specific balance?

Honestly, this is the only solution I see to Kassadin on Dominion. He, by himself, makes me not want to play Dominion anymore because he is so disgusting in this mode. It makes Dominion look like the biggest joke of a mode, currently. However, he's balanced in SR, so...