@Riot - Varus Thoughts & Ideas

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UrMyNxtVctm

03-09-2013

Its a fact that Varus is underplayed for a reason. Might there be some changes coming along his way in order to improve his stats in game? What are you thoughts about this champion that makes him this underplayed?

A post created for those who main or just play him due to his kits.

YAYpeptoBIZMOL

03-09-2013

He has a lot of utility for his kit (AOE slow/50%heal and a hard cc ult that can spread to other champs)
He has a extremely long range poke.

Idk why more people dont play him. i can understand he can get shut out from champs like MF or Caitlyn, but he is great with a support who can lock down the champs in a stun lock. (example: leona uses E to root the adc, varus shoots his ult, hitting the enemy ADC. While the champ is rooted leona stuns the champ with her Q and then just before that runs out she hits the enemy with her ult. At least 3 seconds of damage on the enemy).

mind you that example is best case scenario.

UrMyNxtVctm

03-09-2013

If that's the case then why is he the least played ADC in-game?

YAYpeptoBIZMOL

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrMyNxtVctm View Post
Because he can be shut out easily. He has good utility, but lacks some damage early on. He has a long range harass but if the other player is smart enough they can dodge it often. Plus, he has a different feel than most ADCs.

UrMyNxtVctm

03-09-2013

Coming to the most important question. Is he fine as he is or is there a change needed to improve gameplay?

zataro8

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrMyNxtVctm View Post
Coming to the most important question. Is he fine as he is or is there a change needed to improve gameplay?
One thing i have seen while maining as varus, is that most players fail to recognize that he is a hybrid between adc and a burst caster, so with this in mind all of his abilities take a huge chunk out of his mana pool, so i always find myself running clarity on him for better sustain, but that kind of drains the fun out of sniping a teemo player through the fog of war, but one could also argue that being a hybrid is what makes him unique. personally i love playing Varus as he stands, because i can't count how many times i have had an enemy tank stack a ton of armor then i just slay him by detonating blight stacks on him. or having mages come at me with a banshees and other mr items and my auto attacks are what drains there health pool

Xypherous

Systems Designer

03-09-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Not even close.

Corki and Sivir are fighting for that dubious honor.

I understand the purpose of hyperbole is to foster discussion but the relationship between underplayed / overplayed and underpowered / overpowered is extremely tenuous at best - and tends to only happen in classes where their playstyles remain relatively closer.

Ayketh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2013

I love playing AP/AS Varus (:

Sanadoz

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Not even close.

Corki and Sivir are fighting for that dubious honor.
This. Varus is getting quite popular now that the EU and Koreans have been picking him quite frequently. His utility due to his ultimate is extremely underrated.

ecstaSTEVE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2013

buff corki's mana costs?