What are interesting Ward stats?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vongeo

03-08-2013

Will teemo be counted in the ward stats?

pivonaut

03-08-2013

I'm buried on the 40th page and no one will ever see this, but I think the best stat would be seconds of vision of enemy champions provided by wards. This rewards both good volume of wards and good placement.

Qsario

03-08-2013

It might be worthwhile to show how many of your wards got killed by the enemy (as well as how many you yourself killed). Team totals would be nice as well.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

03-08-2013
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeroban View Post
@Xelnath,
While you're talking about end game stats, and giving supports more recognition, may I ask you why there hasn't been a "damage shielded" stat considering the amount of shields now available via items or champion kits? Would it be hard to code or distinguish using the current system? I assume it's been considered before. Any info would be appreciated.
I'll take a look, but no promises here. This could be a deep rabbit hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim Sou Eu View Post
Individual:
- Green Wards placed;
- Pink Wards placed;
- Wards destroyed;
- Time of effective warding (time that enemies spent under your wards' vision);
- Item activations;
- Potions consumed;
- Damage shielded;
- Time spent cc'd;
- CC time inflicted.

Team:
- Total Wards placed;
- Total Wards killed;
- Total Baron Nashor kills;
- Total Dragon kills;
- Total Ancient Golem kills;
- Total Elder Lizard kills.

On another note, the Pickpocket buff in-game should show how much gold you have done by using that mastery. Oh, and make gp10 items count the gold you make from them only when you actually start getting gold from them (sry for the OCD).
This is an awesome list. Concise, effective and actionable.
Time of effective warding is too vague to track to everyone's satisfaction.

I'll see how far I get through this list before I run out of time (or willpower).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathomful View Post
Maybe already said before but:

Green wards purchased
Pink wards purchased
Total gold spent on wards (sightstone + total wards)
Enemies Revealed
Objectives warded (Baron/Dragon/Buff Camps)
Wards destroyed

Thanks for starting work on this, very excited.
K. Just finished tracking gold spent and recieved from wards and ward killing.

Might be able to do "enemies revealed when you dropped the ward" as a one-time pulse. Do the same thing for Clairvoyance. No promises on that one.

basod

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I'll take a look, but no promises here. This could be a deep rabbit hole.
This would be an amazing for a champion like Maokai. Too often I feel like screaming to my team 'I just tanked 20% of your damage with my ulti' but there is no immediate gameplay satisfaction showing this. A postgame statistic will help soften the blow.

Perhaps limit it to damage reduction when shielding allies rather than yourself.

Fomorian27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2013

I would like there to be a way to see stacks for nasus, veigar and sion passives... Not sure how feasible it is, but right now I have no idea how many stacks I usually get in a typical game, nor do I have a record of the highest stacks I've gotten.

Aelis

03-08-2013

Bit of an odd one, but the number of pings (within a reasonable timeout - say 5-10 seconds) near a ward that also has an enemy champion nearby. Basically - how often someone pinged to say "Hey bro, there's an enemy coming" as a result of your ward placements

Zan Vorez

03-08-2013

Minutes of vision and total area of vision revealed?

Wrosgar

03-08-2013

Some ideas:
1) Every time someone on a team kills a ward, have a small cheer (similar to the new Draven going back to base sound effect for his newest skin) only for that team. It would be just like during tournaments when the crowd cheers for killing wards.

2) I think the amount of time that your wards detected enemies would be good... but I can see it being difficult to implement.

3) Maybe just have a "This player bought a pink ward" displayed to your team similar to support items. Only for pink though, not green.

4) You could have for wards purchased for them being tracked that an item wasn't sold 10 seconds previous to it being purchased as well as not being placed within 15 seconds after it? Ward has to be placed in order for it to be tracked? Of course leave the fine tuning to you guys and don't tell us the result, but just a suggestion.

So yeah, ideas.

USnip

03-09-2013

mmm I don't know if this is really your department but could you make it so that enhanced CV's vision debuff actually hits all enemies revealed by the CV? If they're in the outer area of the effect, which is a lot of space, vision doesn't 'stick' to them like it should.