@Morello: are you satisfied with support gold income in S3?

First Riot Post
123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rasmorak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathomful View Post
I had something posted in another thread sort of in regards to this. I am a support main by the way.

Every time i have complained about the lack of heart of gold i get told how sighstone is sooo much better and it saves so much money.

What people fail to understand is that in season 3 you are expected to provide more wards.

If the amount of warding had stayed static, then yea the new sighstone would have been a gold improvement, however since expectations have gone up, the net result is less gold.

I would trade sightstone for HoG anyday.

I also think the proliferation of wards has really caused certain players to develop really bad habits as well.

Yell at me all you want about ONLY having six wards on the map, just remember once upon a time we used to make do with only 3 or 4 on the map and we were able to avoid stupid plays. You dont need 10 wards to know where the enemy team is going and doing.
This.

If you ****ers want more than four wards on the map, then buy wards too.

chumbler

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmorak View Post
The day Riot limits the amount of wards that can be bought, is the day I sell my account make the full conversion to Dota 2.

GD sure do got sum beezarr booklearnin logic right ther.
So you'll sell your account if they limit wards in order to...

go to a game where wards are limited?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
They have more money?

Or they don't have any options?
Support have both more money (they didn't need it) and more options (they already had more than most other roles). The problem is one option is still just better than all the others.

If you actually want the state of support to improve, you need to start campaigning for a limit on the number of wards available in the shop and the removal of sightstone.

Rasmorak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumbler View Post
So you'll sell your account if they limit wards in order to...

go to a game where wards are limited?

Support have both more money (they didn't need it) and more options (they already had more than most other roles). The problem is one option is still just better than all the others.

If you actually want the state of support to improve, you need to start campaigning for a limit on the number of wards available in the shop and the removal of sightstone.
What are you talking about? I can place as many wards in dota 2 as I want...

I will agree with you, however that supports have more money and a ton of options, but that one of the options is still better than all the others. You are correct with the statement. I'd like to see things like Aura items become a lot more viable on supports. I'd like to see items that offer not stats, but utility (think blink dagger in dota). I can play those builds here, but it's sub par unless my team is already steamrolling the enemy team, in which case it doesn't matter what I do.

Rm7000

03-08-2013

I would like to see riots opinion on this.
Supports may have some more gold and item options this season, But I still feel like there are a few things that are holding back the support role and making it unappealing to the majority of players.
Personally still only feel like I am contributing something other than wards with two, maybe three support champs.

Morello

Lead Designer

03-08-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Oddly, it seems to me that more wards are being purchased, though I'd have to look at statistics. I think it's improved, for sure, but I'll see what the Live Team's analysis is.

AbyssalSpector

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Oddly, it seems to me that more wards are being purchased, though I'd have to look at statistics. I think it's improved, for sure, but I'll see what the Live Team's analysis is.
more wards because ganking is more prevalent than it has always been, especially early game

Fathomful

03-08-2013

If i had my way each game would end up with me having

Upgraded boots
Sightstone
Aegis
Locket
Shuryelas
Pink Ward.

Instead when i finish a game this is what i end up with 99% of the time.

Boots 1
Sightstone
Aegis
Philo
Pink wards
Green wards

12fingerJIM

03-08-2013

Morello, what are you doing here you could be devoting your resources to earning riot money by fueling the speculations about zac?

Rasmorak

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Morello, what are your thoughts on adding in items that offer no stats, but tons of utility? You kind of went that direction with Sightstone, and I like it a lot.

Xeilin

03-08-2013

Personally when I support I find myself buying alot more pink wards than I used to just from the high proliferation of wards on the map.

123456 ... 8