Experimental Protocol Violation Development Log 002

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Armageddon2099

03-08-2013

I have a complaint about the reveal method:

First off, I don't have a problem with these slow lore/backstory reveals, they are great and I enjoy getting slowly hyped by them. The problem I have is the skills/mechanics reveal. It always comes out long after the champ has been put up on the PBE. The reveal for it is then ruined because you then know what the skills do, what they scale off of, what the scaling is, AND you can see them in action. Feels like the mechanics reveal is kinda pointless after that point, since it's all information you already know. The Champion Spotlight feels slightly outdated for that reason as well, but I can still see the enjoyment of that because of the hints/tips in there.

Now I know that there are people that don't visit websites like Reign of Gaming and Surrender@20 nor do they go on the PBE, but I think you're missing out on an opportunity to raise the hype a bit more for people who do go on the PBE/news sites by releasing the mechanics reveal before the PBE update, instead of after. Maybe you guys have already planned on changing that for this release, I'm only basing this off the past champ releases so I can't say for sure.

Baneson

03-08-2013

Termination Log of Z.A.C (Part 3):
Kill it with tickling.
Results(Notes): Adorable, but ineffective. (Video log given to HR to improve employee moral.)

Kill it with severe scoldings.
Results(Notes): Test aborted. (No Researchers willing to administer. C'mon, look at that face!)

Kill it with jello.
Results(Notes): Test aborted. (No. Just no. Who wrote this?)

Kill it with Lead Researcher.
Results(Notes): Ineffective. (You will all be missed once this mess is cleaned up.)

VexTheHex

03-08-2013

D'awww, poor Z.A.C. is obviously going to lose his "parents" in some fashion. My guess is hearing that they are removed from his care taking and future plans to weaponize him scare the "parents" into breaking him out. This likely causes the seperation from his "parents" by either death or imprisonment. Maybe they tell him to seek refuge in League before they are taken away from him? At least there he can gather influence and fame to free his "parents" or keep another event like to happen.

As long as he stays a sweetheart though in terms of personality. I don't want another Syndra, Elise, Vi, Thresh, Rengar, Diana, Kha'Zix, Zyra, or Darius in terms of "IM ANGRY or IM ANGRY AND EVIL!" Not that I don't love some of them, it's just the theme has been beaten to death recently.

Exaelitus

03-08-2013

PBE when?

civ

03-08-2013

sounds he'll be an assassin with an inherent resistance against mages.

Flammabubble

03-08-2013

The note at the side looks like it could be Mundo's love note to Vayne.. hmm...

Trolosaurus

03-08-2013

My feels alarm is going off
Something bad is gonna happen

Goridian

03-08-2013

This may have already been said, but since mana pots aren't in his recommended items (under consumables, not starting items) whereas they are with other AP junglers like Maokai; and spirit visage is listed as an "essential" item, maybe his resource is health, like Vlad, Mundo, and Morde. I've seen people guess that he may have no resource, or a new one, but the spirit visage makes me think he uses health. Just a thought.

Tehpersuns

03-08-2013

Some of those Zaun scientist are wierd. Don't Zaunites value personhood in all things, even rats and robots?

Morello

Lead Designer

03-08-2013
11 of 17 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
I'm worried about that scientist
Calling bias now.