IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beas7ie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godly6R View Post
I also hate his negative behaviour but you should also take into consideration that as a pro, it's main only source of income. In most jobs, what he did would be viewed as insignificant and he would only have been reprimanded by his superior. Not allowing him to compete is like suspending someone for a year. As a pro gamer, he had to sacrifice many career options to be able to stick to LoL. This is much. Also, trying to find job opportunities in other fields will be tough, given that he doesn't have enough qualifications because he chose to devote his time to LoL instead of further studies. I am no a fan of his and I hope that nobody follows his habits. However, as a human being, I feel that it is important to show some compassion and understanding, even though the party concerned may not seem to be worthy of those.

I'm sorrybut anyone who "sacrifices" their career options to try and play a silly game all day for a living doesn't really get a lot of sympathy from me if it doesn't work out. If he has a hard time with money, I hear McDonald's is hiring. That's pretty much what most of these pros will be qualified for anyways years from now when LoL tournaments are no longer such a huge deal.

And in most jobs you might get reprimanded but if you just go back to acting like a deusch after you get reprimanded you get fired, and then you have no income and probably a family to feed and you can't just make a new account, hop on your stream, and make money of that in RL.

Skaarrjj

03-08-2013

If he changes his attitude, I don't see why he shouldn't be given another chance. Don't act like any of you here are the perfect example of anything. I'm sure everyone here has screwed something up a lot, but then fixed it later.

We're human beings. We're fallible and capable of mistakes, even repeated ones. IF someones changed for the better, I say give him a shot. Especially over something as trivial as a video game tournament (in comparison to something like theft, or murder, or something).

Oconnomo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2013

Keep him banned. Sure other people can create another account and start over but other people aren't competing at the highest level of the game. If he is allowed back it just says that he's more important than other players that were banned just because he's good at the game.

Logios

03-08-2013

Why is everyone butt hurt over this? He completely did a 180 with his attitude, anyone who has seen his stream can back this up.

TheBadness

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beas7ie View Post
This **** pisses me off. Almost everyone else who gets permabanned gets stuck with the ban regardless of whether or not they "turn over a new leaf". Pro or not, he had multiple warnings, and chances to change BEFORE his bans and suspensions and failed to change. He should be stuck with the punishment regardless of how much he's changed. What happens in most jobs if someone's a dick? They usually get fired and the majority of companies will fire you for any little offense.

I find it hypocritical of Riot to claim to be trying to remove toxicity and promote good behavior, yet they let their "pros" get away with all kinds of ****. If anything the pros should have stricter punishments and have higher standards because they are afterall the "pros" of this game and thus if people who have never seen or heard of LoL before, watch these pros play and see all kinds of toxic behavior go unpunished, then what will they think of the common masses?

Once again it comes down to you get away with anything so long as you have money and/or influence.

What are you talking about? They didn't let him get away with anything except letting him back into the LCS early. His account that he used while he was on dignitas when he was a toxic player is still banned. He had to level up a new account just like every other banned player had to do if they chose to do so.

Seeing how every other banned player has never been a professional, IWD is the ONLY one who's ever been in this predicament and using previously banned players as an example doesn't make any sense.

Skaarrjj

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oconnomo View Post
Keep him banned. Sure other people can create another account and start over but other people aren't competing at the highest level of the game. If he is allowed back it just says that he's more important than other players that were banned just because he's good at the game.
He was never perma banned to begin with.

Logios

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oconnomo View Post
But he IS more important than other players.

Burstskee

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logios View Post
Why is everyone butt hurt over this? He completely did a 180 with his attitude, anyone who has seen his stream can back this up.
So does this mean if I get permabanned I just have to change my attitude to get my things back?

Oconnomo

03-08-2013

Quote:

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. IDGAF how he is now. He was terrible enough to deserve a permanent ban from the game (and competitive events) He should be held to his punishment.

Beas7ie

03-08-2013

Quote:
So then in that case anyone can do pretty much anything they want so long as they're extremely apologetic and changes their ways afterwards.

BRB I'm gonna go steal, rape, and kill, but then I should be let go later on because I'll be REALLY REALLY sorry afterwards.