IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlumlordThanatos

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwig View Post
Why is IWilldominate allowed to stream himself playing League of Legends to an audience of thousands of people after having his accounts permanently banned for persistent toxic behavior?
Actually, it should be, "Why is IWillDominate allowed to compete in tournaments?" I mean, he can't play competetively in the pro circuit, but that's not stopping him from being streamed in other tournaments.

I don't care how good he is, his smurf should be stuck climing the solo queue ladder, and nothing else. No tournaments, no matter who is running them.

Goth Skunk

01-30-2013

Because he was not prevented from creating new accounts. All his PREVIOUS accounts have been banned, but he was permitted to create new ones.

Master Visbal

Recruiter

02-04-2013

Good

NegaStoat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2013

For those missing the news, Iwilldominate has moved into the Curse house in Las Vegas and has been given an outline of requirements to regain his participation in LCS events. Whole thing is over on Reignofgaming net.

http://www.reignofgaming.net/blogs/t...house-riot-has

It's up in the air if he'll be competing after the close of this spring. It wouldn't surprise me if he's competing by mid-summer or later though. To everyone that's ever been perma banned - scream for the same deal when it happens.

Method512

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat View Post
For those missing the news, Iwilldominate has moved into the Curse house in Las Vegas and has been given an outline of requirements to regain his participation in LCS events. Whole thing is over on Reignofgaming net.

It's up in the air if he'll be competing after the close of this spring. It wouldn't surprise me if he's competing by mid-summer or later though. To everyone that's ever been perma banned - scream for the same deal when it happens.
Wow, I'm disapoint.

Beas7ie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat View Post

http://www.reignofgaming.net/blogs/t...house-riot-has

This **** pisses me off. Almost everyone else who gets permabanned gets stuck with the ban regardless of whether or not they "turn over a new leaf". Pro or not, he had multiple warnings, and chances to change BEFORE his bans and suspensions and failed to change. He should be stuck with the punishment regardless of how much he's changed. What happens in most jobs if someone's a dick? They usually get fired and the majority of companies will fire you for any little offense.

I find it hypocritical of Riot to claim to be trying to remove toxicity and promote good behavior, yet they let their "pros" get away with all kinds of ****. If anything the pros should have stricter punishments and have higher standards because they are afterall the "pros" of this game and thus if people who have never seen or heard of LoL before, watch these pros play and see all kinds of toxic behavior go unpunished, then what will they think of the common masses?

Once again it comes down to you get away with anything so long as you have money and/or influence.

EnderForHegemon

03-08-2013

Why arent pro bans upheld like everyone else's bans? Serious question to Riot.

haaaaaaaalp

03-08-2013

To those complaining about his lcs eligibility: riot isn't saying anything about him getting his account back. Everyone else who is permabanned is allowed to make a new account and compete in the LCS if they play well enough. There is no indication that the conditions will be different for iwilldominate (i.e. he probably won't get his old accounts back).

Godly6R

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beas7ie View Post
This **** pisses me off. Almost everyone else who gets permabanned gets stuck with the ban regardless of whether or not they "turn over a new leaf". Pro or not, he had multiple warnings, and chances to change BEFORE his bans and suspensions and failed to change. He should be stuck with the punishment regardless of how much he's changed. What happens in most jobs if someone's a dick? They usually get fired and the majority of companies will fire you for any little offense.

I find it hypocritical of Riot to claim to be trying to remove toxicity and promote good behavior, yet they let their "pros" get away with all kinds of ****. If anything the pros should have stricter punishments and have higher standards because they are afterall the "pros" of this game and thus if people who have never seen or heard of LoL before, watch these pros play and see all kinds of toxic behavior go unpunished, then what will they think of the common masses?

Once again it comes down to you get away with anything so long as you have money and/or influence.
I also hate his negative behaviour but you should also take into consideration that as a pro, it's his main only source of income. In most jobs, what he did would be viewed as insignificant and he would only have been reprimanded by his superior. Not allowing him to compete is like suspending someone for a year. As a pro gamer, he had to sacrifice many career options to be able to stick to LoL. This is much. Also, trying to find job opportunities in other fields will be tough, given that he doesn't have enough qualifications because he chose to devote his time to LoL instead of further studies. I am no a fan of his and I hope that nobody follows his habits. However, as a human being, I feel that it is important to show some compassion and understanding, even though the party concerned may not seem to be worthy of those.
Edit: Maybe I was not clear enough. I despise the attitude of this Summoner's attitude towards other players. He has no right to insult other members of his team for mistakes because they play the game casually( they have a life!). Also his whining and raging shows much immaturity. I'm not trying to play the lawyer but I'm just trying to encourage people to think more deeply about how the consequences are so much greater for pro players( more in the way of a debate). I would request you to share your opinion on the matter.

NegaStoat

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by haaaaaaaalp View Post
To those complaining about his lcs eligibility: riot isn't saying anything about him getting his account back. Everyone else who is permabanned is allowed to make a new account and compete in the LCS if they play well enough. There is no indication that the conditions will be different for iwilldominate (i.e. he probably won't get his old accounts back).
That's probably the case. He may indeed not get his original account back - but perhaps he might. The thing that I have a problem with is that IWilldominate literally wrecked matches for a thousand players, perhaps several thousand or more. Ten players a match, 9 of them having to deal with his attitude, flaming, game throwing, and vicious insults. Match after match.

All I'm getting from this situation is that when Riot says "soon" they mean "more than a year", and when they say "a year" they mean "soon".