Mac beta wont open

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Onireaper

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModeratelyVexed View Post
same problem 10.5.8
Your OS it too old, sry. all evidence points the the fact that it wont work on anything under 10.6

i have yet to see a red post on this (i could have missed it)

but from what i gather this seems to be the case.

Saramhr

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurkhas View Post
oh.. try this:

Drag the LoL icon to your application map, then open it from there.
It worked for me.
which one is the 'application map' you speak of? ._. are you talking about the 'launch pad'??

SPAMTHECHAT

03-07-2013

Same for me and after patching my client crashed and now i have 2 files on my desktop as well as a bunch of invisible files in my finder.

GetApples

03-07-2013

Ok I fixed my original LoL client that wouldn't open.

Basically I downloaded the original .dmg file, open it, drag it into application folder.
Now, DON'T overwrite your original LoL app. You should have League and League (2).
Open package contents of League (2)
Now: Contents
LOL
RADS
system
Now, for me, UserKernel was the problem. Your original League UserKernel file should have one of those paper/pencil icons instead of the league icon, meaning that somewhere along the line the UserKernel file got changed (IDK). Basically, drag and overwrite the UserKernel from League (2) onto your original League package and overwrite, which will change the icon as well.
Upon boot, splash icon for original league will now open and game will open as normal.

Hope it works for you guys.

Dubstepic

Recruiter

03-07-2013

Thank you guys for the info. I will try to update my mac to 10.6 as soon as I can and see if it works. And again thanks you everyone.

Apteral

03-07-2013

Same thing is happening to me. I'm on 10.7.5

Tin TTT

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurkhas View Post
oh.. try this:

Drag the LoL icon to your application map, then open it from there.
It worked for me.

it does work!

Saramhr

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin TTT View Post
it does work!
can some one please tell me whats this 'application map' you speak of?

Saramhr

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swizzy92 View Post
Ok I fixed my original LoL client that wouldn't open.

Basically I downloaded the original .dmg file, open it, drag it into application folder.
Now, DON'T overwrite your original LoL app. You should have League and League (2).
Open package contents of League (2)
Now: Contents
LOL
RADS
system
Now, for me, UserKernel was the problem. Your original League UserKernel file should have one of those paper/pencil icons instead of the league icon, meaning that somewhere along the line the UserKernel file got changed (IDK). Basically, drag and overwrite the UserKernel from League (2) onto your original League package and overwrite, which will change the icon as well.
Upon boot, splash icon for original league will now open and game will open as normal.

Hope it works for you guys.
I tried doing this and i got lost... i cant even see any "userkernel'' in my 'system' folder. I saw a ''rads_user_kernel.log'' 1 and 2, in the ''RADS'' folder, with paper note icons. but in my LoL 2 package content the same thing appears. :/

GetApples

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saramhr View Post
I tried doing this and i got lost... i cant even see any "userkernel'' in my 'system' folder. I saw a ''rads_user_kernel.log'' 1 and 2, in the ''RADS'' folder, with paper note icons. but in my LoL 2 package content the same thing appears. :/
Hmm. Well you definitely aren't copy/pasting the log files. I don't know if we have/had the same problem, but for me, LoL 2 package content should have a working UserKernel application while the LoL 1 should have one that is busted. If your LoL 2 launches and tries to patch itself like normal while the first one doesn't AND my directions don't work then you might have a different problem sorry.

Basically if your system folder doesn't look like the screenshot I sent you then just follow the directions. If it does then...

12345678 ... 11