Has Riot Explained Why AFK's Are Randomed?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jermikemike

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damiya View Post
There's something to be said for choosing not to ban, like say forcing someone to pick between banning amumu or shen or what have you.

Not picking a champion though.. If you want to random, pick random (which has been conveniently moved to the top of the champion list!)

What? Explain further. What I think you mean is this:

Team A bans Blitz
Team B bans Malph
Team A bans Ez
Team B bans Taric
Team A skips ban
Team B bans Amumu

Team A first picks Shen.

Is that what your mean? Because if it is, you know, team A can accomplish that very same goal, while still banning someone not named shen or amumu. There are like 100 other champs still left that they could have banned.

Unless you meant another situation that I'm not familiar with, I can't see a reason to skip a ban. I can't recall a tourny game where a ban has been skipped.

Sh3n0

03-07-2013

Sweet, RIOT made is so you go back to your thread on login :3.
Please, read up on S@20 and stop complaining.
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/03...-champion.html

Candellumin

Huntsman

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcombo View Post
Are you sure somebody didn't dodge at the last second? Do you remember the exact text on the notification?
Hmm, I'm sorry, but I don't remember the exact text.

It may be caused by someone dodging from the other team, but the notification said something along the lines of "The following players failed to select a champ: [blank space] You have been returned to the matchmaking queue." It might not be exact, but I remember the general idea of what the notification said.

In the first instance, it was right before the final countdown ended, but in the second instance, there was still around 30 seconds remaining to select a champion. It's possible that it was just the wrong message for a dodge, but it's also possible that something slipped into a recent PBE patch that wasn't supposed to. Maybe the upcoming maintenance will fix it.

xXCrazyBarksXx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damiya View Post
There's something to be said for choosing not to ban, like say forcing someone to pick between banning amumu or shen or what have you.

Not picking a champion though.. If you want to random, pick random (which has been conveniently moved to the top of the champion list!)
top of the list? nooo don't do that.
imo its better for it to stay at the bottom because
1. it is rarely picked
2. it moves the bottom champions out of your window of view, when the random icon that you don't really care about/you know its there doesn't need your vision

rjcombo

Lead Designer

03-08-2013
7 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candellumin View Post
Hmm, I'm sorry, but I don't remember the exact text.

It may be caused by someone dodging from the other team, but the notification said something along the lines of "The following players failed to select a champ: [blank space] You have been returned to the matchmaking queue." It might not be exact, but I remember the general idea of what the notification said.

In the first instance, it was right before the final countdown ended, but in the second instance, there was still around 30 seconds remaining to select a champion. It's possible that it was just the wrong message for a dodge, but it's also possible that something slipped into a recent PBE patch that wasn't supposed to. Maybe the upcoming maintenance will fix it.
I've been told we identified why this is happening. Thanks for the report!

Catches Axes

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaldyth the Axe View Post
40%......

Who the hell are you playing with....

-
That's been more or less my experience lately as well. Though - not AFK for their champ picks, more like 'fail to connect' during the load screen, come back 10 min in, that kind of thing.

I had a streak of 10 games in a row with afkers in them. It's been horrible lately. Not that they're all on my team, mind, it's been about 50/50, but it's still a bad game when the other team has someone fail to connect.