So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrTharne

Senior Member

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryOrunitia View Post
It's convenient that you only quoted that part of my post when the rest actually mentioned her lore and her posture. It's not a secret that they're also changing her personality, since it's right there in the contents of the first three posts of this thread.
Well i didn't mention that part because we don't know the new lore, and her ingame animations yet.
Also for the lore part : Her judgement can't be taken into account anymore since the remake of Soraka and Warwick lore.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Capitan Rick

Senior Member

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiluniS View Post
She doesn't show any personality in her APPEARENCE!!!!!!!!!! compare her to someone like vayne for example, you see her and hear her and understand who she is! unlike karma which is not actually representing it in her appearence! and riot fixed it by making her look like as someone who represents her personality and her status in a better way, that's all! Riot put much effort to make every champ an individual and interesting character and that's something they missed in making karma look like she was before her remake!
really read her character bio, its a reserved intelligent mediator, who has inner power drawn from inner peace, thats her persona. And being half naked, and really sexy, showing lost of skin doesnt convey that at all, really no doubt her old look was bad, but the new look isnt karma at all. Its complete BS. She needed a new model and animations, but the one they threw out sucks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sessamo

Senior Member

03-08-2013

I can't believe this thread is like 180+ pages of just bitterness and splitting hairs.
Who cares that they ditched the dumpy marm look. Was that really what drew you to her?
Because I can tell you, I have put in a TON of Karma games over the years I've been playing League, and I didn't love Karma for her really gross visuals. As long as she's still able to push like Morde and drop mega shields of death, she's still the same Karma in my eyes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Capitan Rick

Senior Member

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessamo View Post
I can't believe this thread is like 180+ pages of just bitterness and splitting hairs.
Who cares that they ditched the dumpy marm look. Was that really what drew you to her?
Because I can tell you, I have put in a TON of Karma games over the years I've been playing League, and I didn't love Karma for her really gross visuals. As long as she's still able to push like Morde and drop mega shields of death, she's still the same Karma in my eyes.
Yes her visuals may be secondary, but its still importan to alot of people. There are so many lore and fanfictions and fanart, and other stuff, people really love the character behind the individuals, and they just threw away the karma people loved. I admit her visuals were outdated and pretty bad (just like how sivir needs a rework badly she looks horrible), but her reamake is not in line with the character people loved. and it just sucks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HarryOrunitia

Senior Member

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
Well i didn't mention that part because we don't know the new lore, and her ingame animations yet.
Also for the lore part : Her judgement can't be taken into account anymore since the remake of Soraka and Warwick lore.
You can clearly see that her posture is COMPLETELY different in the screenshots they posted. You can't just be completely blind to that.

The reds here also talked about her lore and the CHANGES they ARE making. And I quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRunaan View Post
In the past, we’ve created engaging characters that epitomize the ideals of their homeland. Garen as the Might of Demacia or Darius as the Hand of Noxus are good examples. With Karma, we wanted to capture Ionia, a place of wisdom and great spiritual power.

We also wanted to hold onto much of Karma's characterization. She's a strong leader and a mystic who stands apart from other champions.


What were we looking to improve with Karma?

The connection between Karma’s motif and playstyle was never as clear as it could have been. She didn’t have a distinct theme that tied everything together and brought out the badass spiritual leader she is in her lore.

Ionia is a land that has suffered greatly. The ongoing struggle has taken its toll on Karma's calm, composed demeanor. We wanted to evolve Karma's personality to suit her place in a nation filled with internal strife and awakened ferocity.


What have we done to address these issues?

Karma can now manifest her inner spirit and willpower as powerful magical energy. With her inner flame she can inspire and protect her allies, damage foes and manipulate the spiritual bonds between those around her. We’ve also taken her Ionian ties a step further: her magic springs from the crest of twin dragons in her mantle, literally and figuratively transforming her into a symbol of her homeland.

The changes we’ve made have given new life to Karma’s title, “The Enlightened One.” In the past, her title conveyed her serenity and calm. Now, it represents the enlightened path she’s found for Ionia: a new path, merging the spiritual traditions of Ionia with the nation’s newfound strength.

Finally, we've given Karma new VO that conveys her internal struggle and intensity. Karma’s attempting to unite a wounded and divided nation, which is no easy task! We want you to believe she’s got the inner strength—and inner flame—that it takes to persevere.


Conclusion

Karma’s now the powerful Ionian leader she was always meant to be. Through her determination and indomitable spirit, she's set to rebuild Ionia and inspire her people to greatness.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HarryOrunitia

Senior Member

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessamo View Post
I can't believe this thread is like 180+ pages of just bitterness and splitting hairs.
Who cares that they ditched the dumpy marm look. Was that really what drew you to her?
Because I can tell you, I have put in a TON of Karma games over the years I've been playing League, and I didn't love Karma for her really gross visuals. As long as she's still able to push like Morde and drop mega shields of death, she's still the same Karma in my eyes.
Well I disagree with the tone of your post and your comments about the design, of course, but that's just a matter of taste. The problem is that in case you haven't noticed they're also changing her kit. I seriously doubt she'll still be an AoE oriented pusher type of mage. It definitely looks like one of her abilities was replaced by a single target thing... And who knows if the shield bombs will still be part of her gameplay.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calypsx

Senior Member

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessamo View Post
I can't believe this thread is like 180+ pages of just bitterness and splitting hairs.
Who cares that they ditched the dumpy marm look. Was that really what drew you to her?
Because I can tell you, I have put in a TON of Karma games over the years I've been playing League, and I didn't love Karma for her really gross visuals. As long as she's still able to push like Morde and drop mega shields of death, she's still the same Karma in my eyes.
Yes.. That was actually one of the things that drew me to her...

I don't really like this generic mage who shoots magic at people because of her "INNA POWA!?!!?" no. #11231232131.

Her old design also wasn't gross, it could just use a touch up as in graphical improvement, not a complete remake.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sessamo

Senior Member

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitan Rick View Post
Yes her visuals may be secondary, but its still importan to alot of people. There are so many lore and fanfictions and fanart, and other stuff, people really love the character behind the individuals, and they just threw away the karma people loved. I admit her visuals were outdated and pretty bad (just like how sivir needs a rework badly she looks horrible), but her reamake is not in line with the character people loved. and it just sucks.
If her visuals are important to you, stop making really dumb complaints. They did not make her "half naked", you can see a single leg and her shoulders.
Did they toss the ying-yang design? Yes, her central colour (purple) is a pretty sharp departure from her old black/white focus. But claiming they've "sexed her up" is complete idiocy unless you're using the 1800s as a frame of reference.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sessamo

Senior Member

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryOrunitia View Post
Well I disagree with the tone of your post and your comments about the design, of course, but that's just a matter of taste. The problem is that in case you haven't noticed they're also changing her kit. I seriously doubt she'll still be an AoE oriented pusher type of mage. It definitely looks like one of her abilities was replaced by a single target thing... And who knows if the shield bombs will still be part of her gameplay.
Based on WHAT? Because Morg, Ori and Lux all lack for shields and pushing power?
You absolutely cannot be serious.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HarryOrunitia

Senior Member

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessamo View Post
If her visuals are important to you, stop making really dumb complaints. They did not make her "half naked", you can see a single leg and her shoulders.
Did they toss the ying-yang design? Yes, her central colour (purple) is a pretty sharp departure from her old black/white focus. But claiming they've "sexed her up" is complete idiocy unless you're using the 1800s as a frame of reference.
First of all you're quoting a person who didn't really mention sexualization in his post, so your response is definitely out of place.

Second, they have "sexed her up". Not to a point where it is unacceptable, because as you said, we are not in the 1800s, but still to a point where it is out of character. Just because it isn't too much of a sexualization, it doesn't mean that it wasn't sexualized at all compared to her original design.