Consecration

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OJ191

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
i'de say about 90% of supports do magic damage.

and about 80~90% of those supports do enough magic damage to warrant running magic penetration.

and if you are an adc playing agianst those supports, like zyra lux alistar blitz fiddle sticks leona taric sona ECT.

you run flat mr quints.

meaning mr is a valuable stat, enough to warrant running flat 13, so that soroka passive does. help.
alot.

especially if your adc doesn't know that he should be running flat mr in most matchups bot lane.
You're going to run MR against taric? Meanwhile his ADC is doing double damage so it doesn't even matter.

rottim

03-08-2013

If you do revamp her passive make it do something with her healing aspect and stay far away from making it offensive based, especially Starcall (which really needs to be revamped into another skill that doesn't push waves).

Too many supports are being pushed into the "Rawr! Time to go bloodthirsty and deal all the damage!" route. Let's not turn pretty much the only dedicated healer in the entire LoL roster into another supports-by-dealing-damage champion.

Blaster

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJ191 View Post
You're going to run MR against taric? Meanwhile his ADC is doing double damage so it doesn't even matter.
at level 6 his burst is 380.

not counting the magic damage from passive

edit: you changed it whiel i was responding.

what are you talking about?

you run flat armor yellows, flat mr blues,
ad quints ad reds. agianst any matchup where the support will do over 300 magic damage before level 8.

OJ191

03-08-2013

Quote:
at level 6 his burst is 380.

not counting the magic damage from passive
I should have specified I'd rather be going HP quints than MR quints. Although I'm probably wrong because I never bothered mathing it.

And yes that's what I would normally run excepting the MR quints. Sorry for ambiguous wording or w/e.

BRB MATH

Blaster

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJ191 View Post
I should have specified I'd rather be going HP quints than MR quints. Although I'm probably wrong because I never bothered mathing it.

BRB MATH
i didn't mean quints when i said quints. i meant blues, my bad.

i never remember what the hell their called.

your not wrong, i was using the wrong word at that orginal post.

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
The range of Soraka's passive is 1000, not 500. As to specifics about the passive, it is potent and actually scales indirectly -- MR is % damage reduction and teams tend to group up more and more as the game progresses. 16 MR may not seem like a lot, but 16 MRx5 is probably stronger than a number of champion passive, especially when you consider how much random magic damage bruisers, tanks, and other supports (champs that build zero/low spell pen) tend to put out. There's a reason why Runic Bulwark is bar none the most powerful item in our game.

With that out of the way, the passive is lacking in gameplay. Even when playing as Soraka, I seldom appreciate it and definitely cannot feel the difference it makes in a team fight. Contrast with Nami passive -- likely a lower power passive overall -- whose speed boost you and your allies can't help but notice. Soraka players never get to feel cool or clutch, to display skill, for their passive in the way Sona does with her Powerchords or Blitzcrank does with Mana Barrier-enabled baits or dives. I'd rather we give Soraka a new, more engaging passive, rather than buffing the current version.
Or maybe put a counter on the buff that says "X magic damage reduced!" That way there's a metric people can look at and be like, "Damn I'm awesome, I helped reduce 4932 magic damage already!" Definitely should help give positive feedback to players without requiring an entirely new passive. At least until Soraka goes back to the drawing boards.

OJ191

03-08-2013

quints give you 78 hp or 12 mr.

With mr quints and blues taric's (according to you) burst of 380 will deal 246.66, with just mr blues it will deal 267.5.

The difference is 20.84 hp, HP quints are better since they will also defend you from the ADC.

EDIT: Oh, I see

Quote:
i didn't mean quints when i said quints. i meant blues, my bad.

i never remember what the hell their called.

your not wrong, i was using the wrong word at that orginal post.
But yeah, depending on matchup I sometimes prefer the HP quints over AD quints when facing a taric.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

03-08-2013

Quote:
Contrast with Nami passive -- likely a lower power passive overall -- whose speed boost you and your allies can't help but notice.
I take issue with the bolded section. I have to chain all 3 of my basic spells together on an ally that is already using a movespeed boost for it to actually mean anything in a chase, which given Nami's cooldowns pretty much means she isn't going to do anything else but ult should more enemies show up.

Either the magnitude, or the duration of Nami's passive needs to be increased. But that's a discussion for another thread, because this one is about Soraka.

Remuko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2013

Quote:
The range of Soraka's passive is 1000, not 500. As to specifics about the passive, it is potent and actually scales indirectly -- MR is % damage reduction and teams tend to group up more and more as the game progresses. 16 MR may not seem like a lot, but 16 MRx5 is probably stronger than a number of champion passive, especially when you consider how much random magic damage bruisers, tanks, and other supports (champs that build zero/low spell pen) tend to put out. There's a reason why Runic Bulwark is bar none the most powerful item in our game.

With that out of the way, the passive is lacking in gameplay. Even when playing as Soraka, I seldom appreciate it and definitely cannot feel the difference it makes in a team fight. Contrast with Nami passive -- likely a lower power passive overall -- whose speed boost you and your allies can't help but notice. Soraka players never get to feel cool or clutch, to display skill, for their passive in the way Sona does with her Powerchords or Blitzcrank does with Mana Barrier-enabled baits or dives. I'd rather we give Soraka a new, more engaging passive, rather than buffing the current version.
while i agree with most of this, and it may just be at low level play im in, no one myself included notices the speed boost from nami. unless i spam spells on myself when walking back to lane. its such a small boost and so short i really think its overlooked too. might be why nami isnt played more. her passive either underpowered, underappreciated, or maybe both

Fomorian27

03-08-2013

Quote:
I'd rather we give Soraka a new, more engaging passive, rather than buffing the current version.
I'd like that very much as well. It seems you guys are removing boring auras bit by bit, and I can't help but feel it's better for the game overall. taric's aura has gone down in strength, as has J4's. It's all in keeping with the visible power over hidden power you guys are so in favour of promoting, and which makes me love the game so much.