So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VexTheHex

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelivar View Post
I don't think you understand.
Her personality was more than just her lines or her lore. It was also her stance, her walk, and the way she looked ingame. Riot do go out of their way to try and make a champ's model fit and convey their personality.

From this, we can get a pretty good idea of that they intend for her.

Nevermind the fact that, again, even if she magically keeps the same lines and lore, then her model is still monstrously out of place for her - which is, again, still the major issue a lot of people have.

At this point, with this model, without even counting the info we've been given by Reds, there is no way that Karma's personality will read the same.

On the note of where Summoner's Rift is located, according to the lore, it is actually located between Freljord, the Serpentine River, and the Ironspine Mountains. This places it right up there near the cold.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_wsDv1n-hBt...oran_Final.jpg

Again half of those things have not been revealed. She still looks like a deep thinker with some sassy attitude to me. She just finally stripped off the dress and stopped playing tea time. She has stepped up to the plate, instead of sititng back.

The old Karma again was the least popular champion of League, even to people they surveyed that don't play the game. She fell flat, just as Trundle, Urgot, and Sion do. Which is why I can easily see any of them going through a major revamp like Karma.

Hmm. So, everyone else is underdressed! Ezreal and Cait need giant winter coats while Nami, Fizz, and Nautilus should probably just sit out as their atttacks will just freeze.

And omg the new slime champion! No, he will freeze! x.x

Yago Xiten

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexTheHex View Post
Again half of those things have not been revealed. She still looks like a deep thinker with some sassy attitude to me. She just finally stripped off the dress and stopped playing tea time. She has stepped up to the plate, instead of sititng back.

The old Karma again was the least popular champion of League, even to people they surveyed that don't play the game. She fell flat, just as Trundle, Urgot, and Sion do. Which is why I can easily see any of them going through a major revamp like Karma.

Hmm. So, everyone else is underdressed! Ezreal and Cait need giant winter coats while Nami, Fizz, and Nautilus should probably just sit out as their atttacks will just freeze.

Except Karma hasn't fallen flat.

If Riot removes her to make room for some other character for her name like it looks like they are doing, they're the ones who have fallen flat.

I love Karma and I would say she is in the top 5 best designed characters in LoL, probably in the top 3.

Maybe it's because I was bullied in school a lot, but I think it's a pretty lame excuse to point to popularity as a rationalization for destroying someone.

Healurownbum

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Blade Yago View Post

If Riot removes her to make room for some other character for her name like it looks like they are doing, they're the ones who have fallen flat.

I love Karma and I would say she is in the top 5 best designed characters in LoL, probably in the top 3.

Maybe it's because I was bullied in school a lot, but I think it's a pretty lame excuse to point to popularity as a rationalization for destroying someone.

Majorty of champions come over the same Karma to me is a diamond in the rough. They could of made her better alot better. But they choice to just remake her.

I mean come on if you look at the picture for the ingame stuff of her default skin it looks like she is taunting someone to come at her so she can kick his teeth in. Thats not the Karma i know and grew to love.

So i compleetly agree with Yaga, they are just giving us a new champ with a old name

catraven

03-08-2013

Quote:
people are jumping on some bandwagon that Karma is a stripper now when she is no where close to one.
Riot should release another champ that looks similar to a stripper to make a point that this constant whining will be nipped in the bud and shut down. really, there are a lot of female champs in full dress like lulu and diana, kayle and leona. it's ridiculous now. the anti-female champ trolls are getting out of hand. all the other side has is evelynn which is ridiculous when you think about the shrillness about female champs. female gamers really do like scantily clad female champs. all the vocal fake girl gamers and their vocal male supporters are trying to get attention and troll normal female gamers who want nice sexy female champs as well

HarryOrunitia

03-08-2013

Quote:

But just because she "fell flat" it doesn't mean she can be completely scrapped and replaced.

Yes, maybe Sion, Karma, Trundle and Urgot are "mistakes", but I will always prefer a company that takes responsibility for their mistakes and tries to work with them instead of just going the easy way and deleting them. Why? Because maybe there are people who started playing because of those mistakes, who fell in love with those mistakes, spent money on the game because of those mistakes, and in the end those mistakes still contributed to the success of LoL. I know I wouldn't still be playing if I didn't have Karma to carry me from level 10 to 30 when I started.

So it just isn't respectful to the players, the fans, and the game's own history to just do something like this. It isn't fair to be lazy and instead of looking for a way to make those "mistakes" more modern, consistent and viable, just scrapping them completely. It isn't fair to take Karma, or Sion, or Urgot and delete them and replace them with a different champion with the same name. Maybe the new champion will be more appealing to new players, or to people who didn't like the older version, but as I said, this game went from having a few dozen characters to more than a hundred. I'm sure NOW they could afford to have a couple of champions who appeal to smaller groups.

When this overhaul team/project was announced they said it would be dedicated to reworking champions based on player feedback. But when were Karma players ever asked for feedback or input? If anything it was us who always tried to reach out to them just to be ignored.

VexTheHex

03-08-2013

Quote:
If someone changes their outfit from a very reserved elegant dress and puts on a sexy outfit, and also goes from being about perfect harmony and peace to harnessing a ferocity and being a (and I quote) "badass conduit of inner strength that brings Ionia’s strength to every battlefield". I would say they have changed dramatically.

Nice job trying (and not to be rude but pretty miserably failing) to rationalize Sejuani's ridiculous bikini. It doesn't make much more sense for Tryndamere to go around shirtless in Freljord, but at least his ultimate somehow relates to how he might be able to survive it. He's also the "Barbarian King", and those are typically depicted shirtless and savage. Yes, I know Sejuani is "The Winter's Wrath" but I don't think of a bikini as supporting that title very much.

Anyways, that Freljord stuff is honestly a whole other can of worms.

It's not that sexy, she isn;t wearing a loin cloth bikini or tight black leather. Her dress still looks elegant, it's just not a ballroom dress now. As for Riot's quotes, I seem to remember Zyra's teaser and intial wording made people think she was going to be a calm, temptress. Then we ended up with "Get over here so I can slash your face off with my thorns!!!" It's something we have to wait and see about. Yes, I do hope she isn't like Syndra, who is probably one of the most ugly champions in terms of personality in League... up there with Fiora.

And to you, for trying (and failing) to rationalize Tryndamere running around with his nipples exposed in the ice cold tundra. Sejuani is heavily themed for barbarians to. I'd say they are in the same boat.

Quote:

Please, we are people discussing pixel characters in a online game, I'm pretty sure any regular on the forums has gone through some degree of bullying. In fact, even the popular kids go through it to a degree and feel a huge amount of pressure to keep their appearance/popularity up or else. I'm a gay, pale boy with the wrists of a 13 yr. old girl. I been there, I have done that. Just accept who you are and never be sorry about it.

But, Karma isn't exactly a person. She is a product, and she is not selling. They are trying to improve her both the majority and for her fans to be honest. But again, change is scary. Karma was a reserved woman who held back, but the world has changed. She is still Karma, but she is having to step up and be more assertive or she may lose out.

And I agree her intial design was strong (her gameplay, i'm not too big on... though dem shield nukes!), but it doesn't mean it had some glaring fautls that held her back.

^ sorry if I rambled some, I should of been asleep hours ago. xD

Edit- And OHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I just thought of a good note to leave on. Those saying her outfit change has ruined her, would Sejuani putting on some armor ruin her? Seriously. If you had the choice to rework Sejuani from her loin cloth bikini, would you? Do you accept that it may improve her overall design, but there will be some people upset as that was their Sejuani?

Food for thought

Edit 2- Dang thought about other things to say before sleeping. Well, I do say everyone has a right to disagree on this. And that's exactly the point in reality, THERE IS NO RIGHT OPTION. No matter how they took Karma, they would displease people. I mean feel free to voice your opinions as I am doing mine, but do try to keep an open mind on her rework that we haven't even seen all of and in action. I hope that at least some of you will find comfort in future details/reveal.

catraven

03-08-2013

karma isn't one of those champs that have sacredness about their look like teemo, ashe, garen and darius or master yi...whereby it would be sacriligious to touch them. karma did not have anything that special.

Capitan Rick

03-08-2013

really have to agree, the karma rework just isnt the karma personality. I think the best example is Vi, her outfit perfectly fits the punkrock look, and its great. Noone would say Vi is ugly either, and shes not showing any skin at all, its the outfit fits the persona. And really the new karma look isnt the karma character, its a new sexy character that doesnt fit the karma personality. Riot already prooved you can go not sexy ad sell like vi, so why would you just throw away the previous karma outlook. Its a dissapointment for the 9thousand times they said they wernt gonna make her look like a bimbo.

Aacey

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Additionally, Karma originally only had two fans, and we wanted to increase that amount by removing the fans.
I Approve

Healurownbum

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WabbitMonster View Post
I Approve
Its a joke to kick the Karma likers in the private parts. Same goes for her remake so i guess its fitting.