So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ziasaur

03-07-2013

all suppor-mages have a hard cc (morgana, lux, orianna), I really hope that gets incorporated with the karma rework

I feel like it's just a mandatory to make a support-mage a considerable option...was one of the main things i felt made karma a hard-to-place pick

NecroBrago

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valexi View Post
It's true, my last post came across stronger than intended. I think they did a great job; the new design is quite striking and fits better with what league is becoming. I just feel that the legacy skin *is* the rework that was needed, keeping some of LoL's initial charm intact, while the new skin is another Mortal Kombat character that is in line with their LoL2.0 visual philosophy.

See... This... this I don't get. There's a lot of comments like this saying she only needed tweaks on her look and kit. Okay. She has that tweak. Her kit is being redone. The tweak you say she needed? It's there! You can play her traditional skin that you just admitted to liking, with the old voice over. On top of that, you're pretty much getting a free legendary, if you ever choose to go with her new default.

It honestly just seems like much of the negative feedback is just for the sake of being negative.

Healurownbum

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonsAndBeasts View Post
Don't know if this is justified. Firstly, Karma's new design does NOT show off a whole lot of skin. Some leg, some shoulder. Not every female in the league is ****ty. Lulu, Tristana, Lux, Diana, all modestly dressed. That said though, I do love the original Karma design, but you have to be realistic. When people said "Karma", they'd be met with "Who?" Obviously something was wrong with her design when NO ONE knew who she was.

Finally, of course skins portray alternate versions of the champs. What about Dark Valkyrie Diana? Shyvana's alternates? All of these could be perceived as the actual champion.
Quick question... Why are you mentioning Yordle's in that list? Couldnt come up with more humans? O.o

Valexi

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBrago View Post
See... This... this I don't get. There's a lot of comments like this saying she only needed tweaks on her look and kit. Okay. She has that tweak. Her kit is being redone. The tweak you say she needed? It's there! You can play her traditional skin that you just admitted to liking, with the old voice over. On top of that, you're pretty much getting a free legendary, if you ever choose to go with her new default.

It honestly just seems like much of the negative feedback is just for the sake of being negative.
Essentially I am saying that the traditional rework was enough, the new design could have easily been a whole new character instead of overwriting Karma. I *was* critical of sexualising the champion when it didn't seem like a necessary choice from am artistic standpoint, but I also said I understand why they chose to. I also started both posts by saying I thought they did a great job on the rework. I wasn't trying to give negative feedback - just feedback.

Healurownbum

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBrago View Post

Im sorry but i disagree with you, its not a tweak its a compleet remake. Its like they broke her by the knee's and rebuild her. In to a compleetly differnt champion.

And thats what i have a problem with. They made her skin the way she is mostly suppose to be, in alot of ppl eyes. She looks like a fighter first someone willing able and only there to kick ass.

And to me thats not Karma. Its someone compleetly new to me. And thats why i say they failed me. I know im a harsh judge and i have this image in my head how she is suppose to be, and riot looks at it differntly. Alot of ppl seem to do.

But im still allowed to say this is not her for me. This is someone compleetly new. And unless her kit keeps the Karma feeling which im starting to rly doubt. Its just going to be a new champion using her name.

My Small Puppy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I don't actually understand this. Did you expect the model to remain low-res? Is this a fan/no-fan thing? I want to understand, but this is really confusing that this is a feeling someone has on this.

I understand those feels... -_-

This whole rework saddens me. I too was one of those people rushing to get on the karma train over two years ago. Karma to me was awesome because she wasn't any sort of warrior or champion. She was a diplomat. She was proper, she had posture, she had poise and grace. Her true inner strength showed, BECAUSE of this.

This is a completely different person. It's incredibly well done, she looks amazing, but she doesn't look like karma. You say "that's why she has the old skin!" but the skin doesn't change the model. The new model is NOT karma. I don't know any other way to say it, but giving karma a butt larger than her own upper torso is just sickening, it is a bastardization of her character. You say you want to have her follow her lore better, but where in her lore does it say she just let herself go?

Please don't do to Karma, what George Lucas and Steven Spielberg did to Indiana Jones...

I love karma.... i even bought her full price sun goddess skin even though i could never use it in normals without getting yelled at for wasting my money *sniff*

Mughi of Ruckus

03-07-2013

All right. I've had some time. I've waded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRunaan View Post
Ionia is a land that has suffered greatly. The ongoing struggle has taken its toll on Karma's calm, composed demeanor. We wanted to evolve Karma's personality to suit her place in a nation filled with internal strife and awakened ferocity.
Ugh, was my honest, immediate reaction upon reading that. Everything else I read tempered this reaction, but that was what first came to mind. It makes it sound like she's being made more badass and angsty in an attempt to make her more interesting and/or marketable. That more often works poorly than it works well.

Considering her theme of "The Enlightened One," which sounds like someone who would more be an island of serenity and wisdom in an ocean of upheaval, it jangles a bit. I understand conflict is essential for character growth, but conflict and drama are not the same thing, and, there is a great deal of depth to be mined in serenity managing chaos. Also, what growth can we be citing when we're discussing her re-imagining, not progression? My understanding is character progression in terms of characters changing in reaction to the changing shape of the world of Valoran is just not something that happens with champs. It's something I would love to see, but I wholly understand why you've chosen not to go that route. It would take a brilliant sort of madness to decide to tackle a task like that and do it well.

Still, I'm inclined to give you guys the benefit of the doubt. Why? Ehhh, let's not have me inspect that too closely. You guys sound like you're tempering her change, and I'll accept that. Karma's a character I've always been interested in but whom I've never gotten around to buying. I love her skins, but whenever one went on sale I never had the IP to buy her, and whenever I did, I kept spending it on runes or other champs on that long list of ones I've been meaning to buy. As it stands, I think I'll pick her up tonight. I really, really, really want to play her before she gets remade, have wanted to for a while. Hopefully I don't get too attached. :P

Also, I like her new hair.

Edit:

P.S. Thanks for the the classic skin. It really is greatly appreciated. Yeah, yeah, I know. I don't actually own her yet, but I've always really liked it despite her problems, and I really think I'll prefer it to her new one.

P.P.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
I've got a few stories cooked up about her experiences, but that's all non-cannon and I won't subject you to my fan fictions.
WAT? Subject us. Go to the fanfiction forum and subject us right now.

ImJustDavid

03-07-2013

Will her rework make her more of a Burst AP Mid, Support, or Support AP Carry like Lux? I'd really like to know since I've always played mid Karma rather than bot lane support, I think it fits her better.

redux32

03-07-2013

I'm not really happy with her new "weapons" being kind of a copy of Irelia's. I know they're NOT, but I've always been a fan of every different champion having their own unique weapon, so it's a little disappointing that this is the idea they went with. I LOVE everything they did with the skin except for that part.

Fluffy Ahri

03-07-2013

Better nerf irelia