Why the Shaco nerfs?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Siegfryd

10-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leohardt View Post
oh my god, already nerfed shaco + another nerf, nobody even uses shaco in ranked anymore, is there a point in nerfing him anymore, I mean comeon, hes **** late game even if you are fed now
There's a guy in the 1900's who plays Shaco nearly every game.

JudoPunch

10-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insemination View Post
Dude the shaco nerf was the nerf to Armor Pen runes
TOTALY LOGICAL, Shaco was the only champion effected by the rune nerf.

Guinsoo

Game Designer

10-19-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Reducing the range was an unfortunate side effect of fixing the JitB inside walls bug. When we get the tech to fix this better I think we plan to increase the range back up.

DrSkankyNun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
Reducing the range was an unfortunate side effect of fixing the JitB inside walls bug. When we get the tech to fix this better I think we plan to increase the range back up.
<3
Thank you, you just revived my trust. What do you think should be fixed on Shaco to make him balanced? Do you have any plans with his ult to make it more useful? Sorry to bombard you, I just figured you'd be able to answer the questions more thoroughly than anyone else because you created him (which I thank you for).

Zeryth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2010

Quote:
ty for the feedback <3

now we know the reason, and it is different from the stuff some idiots who don't even play Shaco talk about

PapaProzac

10-19-2010

Quote:
thats very good too hear, do you happen too have any plans too buff shaco so he can once again be viable, I am not asking him too be easy mode just viable past the 10 minute mark.

Kaeoz

10-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaProzac View Post
thats very good too hear, do you happen too have any plans too buff shaco so he can once again be viable, I am not asking him too be easy mode just viable past the 10 minute mark.
Yes. For example.... fixing his ult... so it doesn't steal neutral buffs.... or fixing his ult so it shows items on the clone/neutral buffs on the clone? Or increasing his base health just a wee bit? Or maybe reducing the CD of deceive back to 10s.... did it really need to be increased to 11s? Or maybe increasing backstab damage back to 25%.... once again... didn't see point in reducing it...

CurrYY

10-19-2010

I liked putting Jack-In-A-Boxes in walls, now i can't

Mogunz

10-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeoz View Post
Because placing Jitbs in walls was actually a beneficial bug = =""

And 100 range is QUITE a lot. Imagine if they nerfed Vlad's Q by 100 range...
Imagine if that wasn't Vlad's only practical means of doing anything.

Kaeoz

10-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogunz View Post
Imagine if that wasn't Vlad's only practical means of doing anything.
Fine I'll be more practical. Ezreal's Q is currently ~1000 or so. Take 200 off that range (20%. Same as JitB nerf). 800 new range... yea... that hurts...