So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VexTheHex

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcySpykes View Post
I love Karma, and shes one of my favorite champs, I dont play her often because I can only handle supporting foolish people so often, but I still love her playstyle.

Im entirely open to this overhaul, and embrace the changes, It'll be kinda like getting a new champion for free!

The traditional skin is a huge relief, It looks fantastic and true to her current look, but as for keeping the old VO for the skin, and having a different VA for the new one, I dont really like that idea.
If youre going to change her so radically, I want to be able to hear the new VA, the skin alone is enough to keep old Karma in my heart.

Embrace change.
Yes I totally agree with the voice thing. It will just be out of place imo, and her current jokes will simply not work.

I'm shocked at how people act like she isa stripper now. She is far from ****ty, she has one exposed leg and her shoulders are no covered! It isn't like Morgana who is wearing a dress bottom with a bra top or Cass's bra. She is decently covered, and it looks tasteful.

I hope those who have worked this hard on Karma do not let the few (I notice they are tending to be smurfs posting, who do people not post on their mains? I was looking to see if any of them mained Karma and they turn out to be low levels with like 5 games played in their history overall) ruin their pride in the beautiful work they have put out. Keep it up guys.

EmptyRiceBowl

03-07-2013

Not impressed by the removal of fans... but she does indeed look gorgeous!

My only concern is the fact that everyone will be rushing to buy karma for the traditional skin even though we loyal karma players have stayed along side her and endured all the slander we get for playing her. Could Riot possibly retract the traditional karma skin so that it's for the players who had karma prior to this announcement?

Chaosneobreakage

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyRiceBowl View Post
Not impressed by the removal of fans... but she does indeed look gorgeous!

My only concern is the fact that everyone will be rushing to buy karma for the traditional skin even though we loyal karma players have stayed along side her and endured all the slander we get for playing her. Could Riot possibly retract the traditional karma skin so that it's for the players who had karma prior to this announcement?
No.

YoWombat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

She honestly does not need a rework. She is really strong, she is just underplayed and doesn't fit into the current meta. She needs a few tweaks at most. The joke on the forums might be "Karma who?", but everyone I have spoken to IRL or ingame always says that Karma is great and really underrated.

Avoid dividing the playerbase- Just release this character as Karma's sister or something and let us keep the original Karma too. There is NOTHING to lose by doing this. Nothing! You gain nothing by deleting Karma, so why push for this? It's only removing content that players enjoy from your game.

Teemo Support GG

03-07-2013

Quote:
I truly am distraught that Karma - once thought of as wise, graceful, and composure encapsulated - will divert to, yet another, "I must releese ma innar powerz!!?!!"
Once thought of as a geisha girl more like it

CorpseMoney

03-07-2013

where are the sun goddess and sakura visual upgrades at?

The Crescendude

03-07-2013

I just wanna say, Karma is one of my absolute favorite champions, and i love that there is still attention to the less popular champions, and that the change is to make more sense of who she is and her connection to the lore. I cannot wait, for this patch to come through!

DaemonsAndBeasts

03-07-2013

I hope Mantra gets reworked. While powerful, I feel at times it can be inefficient. I don't know why, maybe its the number of charges, maybe its the cooldowns, I don't know.

Hygoro

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoWombat View Post
[...] The joke on the forums might be "Karma who?", but everyone I have spoken to IRL or ingame always says that Karma is great and really underrated.
[...]
Exactly. The joke on the forum really should be, "Poppy who?".

DaemonsAndBeasts

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNxExBxUxLxAx View Post
There goes our cool, calm and collected Karma. It's really unfortunate and I'm disappointed in Riot. Why a leader of a nation rife with struggles cares about showing of her skin and wearing sleazy outfits is beyond me. The fans, the dress, the strut, the voice - it was all very elegant. That's what stood out about her. This change, however, takes that all away and what is left is not satisfactory.

It's not the first signs of Riot shifting towards more flashy, yet poorly written characters. It looks like the lore is further undermined even though it is an integral part of what makes a character - and subsequently - what makes players want to play that character. It's important that this universe you create is believable to the audience. That includes having a wide array of personalities but Riot is trying to make every character the same. Btw, I think Karma's dress(the original) is absolutely beautiful. So much so that I'd like to have one made for myself. I love the yin/yang sort of theme which plays on that aspect of her character i.e maintaining balance.

It takes more than the sales pitch at the beginning of this thread to convince people in the long term that the changes are for the good. Especially the kind of people who would have been drawn toward Karma in the first place.

And don't go telling me "Well that's why we have the traditional skin". First of all, it's not the same but perhaps more importantly - it's the default skins that symbolize the design and the essence of a character. It has to be. I mean is Brolaf an imaginable character in the world of Runeterra? Let's not kid ourselves about that. Sure there is a place for skins, but not if takes away from the fabric of a character.

I truly am distraught that Karma - once thought of as wise, graceful, and composure encapsulated - will divert to, yet another, "I must releese ma innar powerz!!?!!"
Don't know if this is justified. Firstly, Karma's new design does NOT show off a whole lot of skin. Some leg, some shoulder. Not every female in the league is ****ty. Lulu, Tristana, Lux, Diana, all modestly dressed. That said though, I do love the original Karma design, but you have to be realistic. When people said "Karma", they'd be met with "Who?" Obviously something was wrong with her design when NO ONE knew who she was.

Finally, of course skins portray alternate versions of the champs. What about Dark Valkyrie Diana? Shyvana's alternates? All of these could be perceived as the actual champion.