So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaghatai

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
l. I've got a few stories cooked up about her experiences, but that's all non-cannon and I won't subject you to my fan fictions.
Why not? it's more than Riot's done with the Lore in about a year.
Wish the Journal of Justice was still around. Or something at least.

NakedGranny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Here's the thing. We want to retain but we also want to advance. We want to advance the story, the gameplay and the look. We want to make sure that as the player experience evolves, the content evolves as well. This is unique in the industry. Not a lot of companies get the chance to reiterate on their older content. This is an amazing opportunity that we have for relaunch to strengthen and remake a solid foundation for champion which we see opportunities for more people to enjoy.
Don't you guys have people in charge of finding out whether your "reiterations" of older content are, in fact, improvements? Were they in the bathroom when this change to Karma was introduced?

This is an unmitigated step down in her visual design and completely removes all the things that her players liked about her as a character.

WhamBamBoozler

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heterrook View Post
So if i love and want to keep the traditional skin that she has had since she was released, i get this reworked skin for free but i have to buy the skin i know and love? what kind of reward is that for being a karma fan? i mean really riot...
No the traditional skin is free for everyone who already has her before the re-work. So if you have her now you get the traditional skin for free when the re-work comes out, which is basically a model rework of what she is right now

WhamBamBoozler

03-07-2013

What about people who have skins for Karma right now? Are they getting thrown out or are you guys going to be doing re works of those as well? Also, are they free if you already own them?

xcandra

03-07-2013

After reading this last night and spending a night thinking about it here is what happened.

I am offended by Riots apparent belief that Women are only visually appealing if they have a bust size of B or higher, and wear a skimpy revealing outfit. If you look through the female champions, you have Annie who is under age, and lulu who is a yordle, Vayne and quin, and I cannot think of a single other champion who does not have at least a C cup, or is either falling out of their clothes or looking like they moonlight on street corners, and Vayne runs around in one skin in lingerie.

Are they trying to only appeal to the most immature of gamers? I have spent plenty of money on this game for Champions and skins, but at this point I am highly disgusted that they think a visual update requires a busty scantily clad addition. If this is so, I am not sure I want to play or spend any more money on the game, as it seems very sexist, not just to women, but to men, assuming that men will only play a female Champion if she looks like a **** is demeaning to both sexes.

MrTharne

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heterrook View Post
So if i love and want to keep the traditional skin that she has had since she was released, i get this reworked skin for free but i have to buy the skin i know and love? what kind of reward is that for being a karma fan? i mean really riot...
No, if you own Karma, you'll get the Traditional Skin for free, but if you buy her AFTER her rework goes live, you'll have to buy the Traditional Skin, and after a brief period of time it's gonna be Legacy.

Austinodood

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcandra View Post
After reading this last night and spending a night thinking about it here is what happened.

I am offended by Riots apparent belief that Women are only visually appealing if they have a bust size of B or higher, and wear as skimpy revealing outfit. If you look through the female champions, you have Annie who is under age, and lulu who is a yordle, Vayne and quin, and I cannot think of a single other champion who does not have at least a C cup, or is either falling out of their clothes or looking like they moonlight on street corners, and Vayne runs around in one skin in lingerie.

Are they trying to only appeal to the most immature of gamers? I have spent plenty of money on this game for Champions and skins, but at this point I am highly disgusted that they think a visual update requires a busty scantily clad addition. If this is so, I am not sure I want to play or spend any more money on the game, as it seems very sexist, not just to women, but to men, assuming that men will only play a female Champion if she looks like a **** is demeaning to both sexes.
boobs + big = money
learn ur math

NakedGranny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I don't actually understand this. Did you expect the model to remain low-res? Is this a fan/no-fan thing? I want to understand, but this is really confusing that this is a feeling someone has on this.
Current Karma: middle aged (an extreme rarity in LoL's designs), full length dress (also an extreme rarity), fans as weapons (unique and stylish), pride and intensity without just resorting to oozing ***.

New Karma: young scantly clad super model, without fans, with lame hairdo. She resembles literally every other female champ in the damn game.

Gee. I wonder why those of us who have had Karma for a long while are feeling insulted by this change...

Jettelag

03-07-2013

How is showing ONE LEG over sexualized? Have you never seen a woman before? Did you just get back from the late 1800s?

Yoruichi

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shentok View Post
Whoever thought of this concept for the new Karma really messed up. They completely missed the mark on why people loved Karma in the first place. She was an elegant beauty with a very reserved look. She didn't have skin showing or any *** appeal. The new one is just another cookie-cutter model with no originality or thoughtfulness in the design. I feel that the person who was charged with this should be reprimanded for doing it wrong.
I loved her for her kit. If she was hot that would be a bonus