So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NakedGranny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

... but I liked the impractical dress....

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

I'm no longer expecting Karma's new kit today. They probably announced the new blob champ to take attention away from her given she wasn't suppose to have been announced yet. T_T

Xoj 21

03-07-2013

she needs the fans :/

Darklarik

03-07-2013

Lore wise i would like to see a clash between Syndra and Karma for the fate and balance of Ionia. With an epic battle with a raging thunderstrom and the matrix Neodamerungussomething song playing in the backround as raw willfull energies tear everything around them

Evexrael

03-07-2013

Karma was my first champion when I started playing LoL just over a year ago. As someone who put a lot of time and research into perfecting how to play and build her... here's my thoughts:

I'm concerned about potential changes to the kit. I hope it hasn't changed much. Heavenly Wave and Soul Shield were pretty awesome as is. It was more about landing those abilities well than anything, especially as support. She really only needed a more reliable escape OR harder CC OR just a W that didn't rely on teammates knowing exactly how it worked (and the fact that the slow was really more effective than it states in the tooltip, relative to Karma's MS)

I am *very* appreciative of the traditional skin. Have always enjoyed it. Can't say I'm a fan of the new splash art... not to be hater (it's great artwork), but the portrait is going to take *a lot* of getting used to. In my head it's like the backlash you got from changing Lux's splash x100.

Lastly, I really "hope" that her new voiceover still includes "Hope is our greatest ally". When I first started playing LoL I was recovering from a major downtime in life (job--, woman--) and my friends and I had some great laughs over this line. A couple of weeks prior to playing I had been kicked out of a psychotic/delusional/crazed GFs car in Reno en route to Tahoe with nothing but the shirt on my back. Her name was Hope. Oh the irony!!!

All in all I am glad to see this going through. I'm just scared of the kit changes deviating too far. I want to still feel like I'm playing old Karma to an extent.

Now that I know this is imminent, I will only play Karma until it hits live. Thanks!

Heterrook

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
Just to reiterate:

Everyone After her release, you will be able to purchase the Traditional skin separately in the store for a limited period of time.
So if i love and want to keep the traditional skin that she has had since she was released, i get this reworked skin for free but i have to buy the skin i know and love? what kind of reward is that for being a karma fan? i mean really riot...

NakedGranny

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Thanks - this is informative.

Because of the rig and how things "work" (shorthand), the fans won't be returning here, but I think that these might have been more important to some die-hard Karma fans than we originally thought.

As our first full overhaul, we want to make sure if there are additional considerations that we take them into account when approaching these. While our decisions can quite possibly at least put off a few players with this kind of stuff, it is food for thought next time.
How about keep it in mind for this time? The removal of her fans and giving her the same old tired super-model-clad-in-barely-there-scarves looks is just... who the **** thought this was a good direction to take her in??

Keep your ****ty "traditional" skin that doesn't even resemble her old dress. I want my IP back, and I certainly won't be playing her without her fans.

NegaStoat

03-07-2013

I'm just glad Riot is being a bunch of Good Guys in letting people have until her live server release to make a purchase of the champ and get the free skin. I'll be one of these, naturally.

Meanwhile... I'll miss the fans too. I thought they were a very pretty part of the character model.

WhamBamBoozler

03-07-2013

well holy ****! I'm pretty excited to see what they have in store!

Moira

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heterrook View Post
So if i love and want to keep the traditional skin that she has had since she was released, i get this reworked skin for free but i have to buy the skin i know and love? what kind of reward is that for being a karma fan? i mean really riot...
Again, it was stated before: If you own Karma before the relaunch, you get the traditional skin free.