So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raptamei

Senior Member

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiotness View Post
This--this is similar to how I feel too. I'm not quite willing to assume the worst without having seen the model in action, but I AM concerned that she will be losing some of that dignity/nobility that she represents for me.
"I came to kick ass and negotiate a peace treaty, and I'm all out of ink"

Btw the original look was indeed awkward - you were playing as a (slightly) moving statue essentially. It's just... that Generic Female In Stockings #13910 wouldn't be much of an improvement. We're hoping for this champion to retain the regal style of the original (while fixing the grey blob effect) and not just look like Amethyst Syndra.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Onyx Blossom

Member

03-07-2013

Will there be new unique animations for her Sakura and Sun Goddess skins? Like sunny or blossomy particle effects?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ARainySundae

Senior Member

03-07-2013

yess karma rework and free skin gj riot


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malah

Senior Member

03-07-2013

I disagree with the entire concept of a remake instead of just buffing her W but if you make her perform better without butchering too much of her kit then I can get over it.

I still think Riot's design team is short a few brain cells when just because she doesn't beat you over the head with her theme (Khazix: I'M A BIG VOID BUG WHO EATS EVERYTHING, RAWR) she apparently doesn't have one. Derp. Then again, they ignore Dominion and a good number of blatantly poorly designed mechanics, so I'm not that shocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
Traditional's voice will be her original VO.
Sold.

Removing her fans pretty much knocked out any joy from the graphical update, but at least I can completely ignore the rest of her VU while I play the traditional skin.

On the upside, this is more of a difference of tastes than the issues I had with you guys totally screwing up Frostfire Annie's particles and colour scheme - ergo, it's not bad, I just don't like it. Now to see how badly her kit was scre-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
She still has Mantra.

THE WILD SCARIZARD FLED!
WHAT.

Wait a minute, I know where this is going if they're not completely screwing her over. Eve remake style! Permabanned in three months, calling it now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Capt Ginyu

Member

03-07-2013

First off, let me say I love the new look and can't wait to see her new kit. Was gonna ask(because I'm a very greedy individual and like to see things two moves ahead of time like playing chess): Is there a chance we might get a hint at which champion will be following in Karma's footsteps of getting reworked next?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoubleGunzObama

Junior Member

03-07-2013

I'd just like to preface this post by saying that I am one of the many "Karma players" currently posting on this thread.

I've owned Karma for at least a year, and in all honesty I only bought her because I wanted to try to become good at a true niche champion...someone who is rarely/never played in the meta. I played so many games with her that I gained an almost elitist mentality against anyone who considered Karma a "bad champ". Then I realized other players had a reason to cringe when I picked her in a ranked game...Karma just wasn't good.

This VU and kit rework are exactly what a champ like Karma needed in order to be viable again. So, to all of you "karma players", please put up or shut up. Riot is doing all of us a favor by finally presenting this update. The only possible reason you could be upset is because you can no longer be part of the sad small group of players that sit around and talk about how Karma is "actually one of the best champs as is".

Everyone try to remember...THIS GAME IS FREE! Essentially we have no real say in what Riot's final decisions are, so stop harassing the devel. team about their finished products. Its about damn time people stopped complaining and started being grateful that we are privelaged to play such a great game in which the designers care so much about the input of players.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

medcitymissile

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-07-2013

My first major problem with this new look is the stupid looking thing floating over her head...
And the second is her movement animation.. She now looks to have more of a run instead of the serene fluid walk she had before. Her walk conveyed an image of calm strength. Instead of the frazzled run she seems to have now. I, of course, haven't seen the full motion but these are the gut reactions i am having to the images i can see.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Partisan

Senior Member

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by medcitymissile View Post
My first major problem with this new look is the stupid looking thing floating over her head...
And the second is her movement animation.. She now looks to have more of a run instead of the serene fluid walk she had before. Her walk conveyed an image of calm strength. Instead of the frazzled run she seems to have now. I, of course, haven't seen the full motion but these are the gut reactions i am having to the images i can see.
1. That stupid thing over her head was in her first iteration. It is a crest of Ionia and the highest honor in the land.

2. You have video of her animations? No one else does so can you share?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raptamei

Senior Member

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAid125 View Post
I'd just like to preface this post by saying that I am one of the many "Karma players" currently posting on this thread.

I've owned Karma for at least a year, and in all honesty I only bought her because I wanted to try to become good at a true niche champion...someone who is rarely/never played in the meta. I played so many games with her that I gained an almost elitist mentality against anyone who considered Karma a "bad champ". Then I realized other players had a reason to cringe when I picked her in a ranked game...Karma just wasn't good.

This VU and kit rework are exactly what a champ like Karma needed in order to be viable again. So, to all of you "karma players", please put up or shut up. Riot is doing all of us a favor by finally presenting this update. The only possible reason you could be upset is because you can no longer be part of the sad small group of players that sit around and talk about how Karma is "actually one of the best champs as is".

Everyone try to remember...THIS GAME IS FREE! Essentially we have no real say in what Riot's final decisions are, so stop harassing the devel. team about their finished products. Its about damn time people stopped complaining and started being grateful that we are privelaged to play such a great game in which the designers care so much about the input of players.
Funny thing is, there are plenty of hipster champions. I used to main Sejs Bsns in S2 and had a 75% win rate with her. But at least I recognised her main strength was that no one had a clue how to fight against her. If you want a hipster pick today, try Viktor or Sivir or Syndra Jungle.

Karma? Well she's just weak and has no strengths, plus she looks like a grandmother. Put aside your hipster sensibilities and enjoy the fact that there'll be one more viable support.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheAngrySquirtle

Member

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Ginyu View Post
First off, let me say I love the new look and can't wait to see her new kit. Was gonna ask(because I'm a very greedy individual and like to see things two moves ahead of time like playing chess): Is there a chance we might get a hint at which champion will be following in Karma's footsteps of getting reworked next?
There was word going around about an eve and twitch visual upgrade as well. I heard about them when I heard about the karma rework and that came out to be real. So hopefully eve and twitch are next !