Has Riot Explained Why AFK's Are Randomed?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

swilson

03-06-2013

So what happens if we just couldn't decide on a champion in time in blind pick?

Damiya

Technical Analyst

03-06-2013
4 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candellumin View Post
Is this activated on the PBE right now?

Two 5-person premade games I've had just ended in lobby, probably because of this system.
The games ended because someone failed to lock in, despite the timer not ending and all people having a champion selected. The name was missing from the notification.
No this is not active on PBE and you should not be getting this message. It's unfortunately a bit late for me to get on the horn with the relevant people but I'll get in touch with folks tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the heads up.

RiotSchmick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Software Engineer

Follow RiotSchmick on Twitter

03-06-2013
5 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damiya View Post
Before everyone goes leaping to do a jig of joy about that reddit link, please keep in mind nothing's finalized and there's no timetable for release on PBE or Live. Those of us involved with it are all looking forward to seeing this much anticipated change go live

In the mean time, here's some info from rjcombo with some specifics:
Thanks Damiya, I didn't know where that post was.

Kelly Price

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by riotschmick View Post
+1000

Spiritside

03-06-2013

Just lost a game due to randomed top lane support Ashe who didn't dodge. GG. I dunno why this wasn't a no-brainer solution to an extremely obvious problem ages ago.

Exentrick

03-06-2013

Clicking random should instalock you and start the game with 200 extra gold... no way that is a bad idea ... *cough* all random dota teams *cough*

Nasuuna

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damiya View Post
There's something to be said for choosing not to ban, like say forcing someone to pick between banning amumu or shen or what have you.

Not picking a champion though.. If you want to random, pick random (which has been conveniently moved to the top of the champion list!)
thought you died

March of Dimes

03-06-2013

Isn't this somewhat redundant with the queue check? Has any thought been giving to replacing the queue check with this?

Bloodmo0n

03-06-2013

some people are happy to leave champions open, so they do not select a ban. Maybe instead they could have an empty ban select option.

rjcombo

Lead Designer

03-07-2013
6 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candellumin View Post
Is this activated on the PBE right now?

Two 5-person premade games I've had just ended in lobby, probably because of this system.
The games ended because someone failed to lock in, despite the timer not ending and all people having a champion selected. The name was missing from the notification.
Are you sure somebody didn't dodge at the last second? Do you remember the exact text on the notification?