So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

phatcat09

03-07-2013

I predict next someone will once again say someone elses idea of cool is stupid, then say that they're just being difficult.

Send Me Lewds

03-07-2013

I'm pretty excited for this, lover her new art.

And please stop saying that her old skin was classy, it was just awful. This one is still pretty classy imo. Not even that revealing.

phatcat09

03-07-2013

NEXT someone will once again say that her visual update could be interpreted as regal elegant refined and that everyone who thinks otherwise is just being difficult because of tangential reasoning of interpretation.

Completely ignoring the fact that nuanced character traits become particularly endeared by fans.

Zerglinator

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaarrjj View Post
And by a lot of people, you mean the least popular crowd in LoL? Lowest winrate champ, lowest popular champ.

What the **** did you think they were going to do? Give her a different color scheme and add 10 fans?
Oh what, you honestly believe her winrate was influenced by her design? You honestly believe her popularity wasn't influenced by her winrate?

Bes7iA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaarrjj View Post
And by a lot of people, you mean the least popular crowd in LoL? Lowest winrate champ, lowest popular champ.

What the **** did you think they were going to do? Give her a different color scheme and add 10 fans?
sir you obiously dont play karma, so there is no point on you being here in the first place.

if you are interested in the free skin, thats bad because after that you will still have a champion that you dont understand, and you will still lose with her, and you will still think karma suck.

phatcat09

03-07-2013

NOW someone will talk about how old Karma wasn't appealing because of her dress, and will say that people who don't think her new dress is more appealing are wrong in some way and that they're just being resistant to change oblivious to the fact that's the whole point of them not wanting to see something they liked changed.

KopeAcetic

03-07-2013

I appreciate the old skin

HarryOrunitia

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidSorrow View Post
Because you're intentionally obfuscating it and looking for a reason to dislike it, because its not what you expected or wanted.

Now what does the splash say?

Well lets start with the background, mountains, sky, Chinese buildings, typically seen in pop culture connected with spiritualism and mysticism.

Then you have karma, her eyes are closed, she has no weapons, and has an outfit that incorporates elements of both female clothing and what one might expect some sort of martial artist to wear. Again martial arts have long been associated with spiritualism and the idea of karma and such.

Looking further at her her eyes are closed and the pose suggest serene calm, meditation, again spiritualism and mysticism.

Then lets look at the swirling energies, and hand gestures and we once more are drawn to spiritualism and mysticism and her being able to channel such energies. ALSO her hands are defensively postured, she is not in any sort of offensive stance but a defensive one.

Now how you get a mortal kombat tribute from that...I don't understand.
Gee, I wonder how.

Maybe Mortal Kombat is the wrong game to use as the example, but martial arts clothes? Fighting stances? That's just not Karma.

I understand if people actually LIKE the new design, prefer it over the old one, it's normal, it's a matter of taste (and it's the reason why I think this would've been great as a new skin). But to say that there's no difference conceptually and thematically in both the design and the champion itself, that the complete change in her personality is completely believable and natural... Well, that's just insane.

phatcat09

03-07-2013

Now someone will curse someone out over the clothes a character wears in a video game because Riot let's people get too impassioned while arguing about the forum because they lavish in their fans aggressive support, and get offended when their fans don't like something, and apparently written words displayed on a computer screen are just toooo much for most Rioters to handle without ignoring.

Send Me Lewds

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
Oh what, you honestly believe her winrate was influenced by her design? You honestly believe her popularity wasn't influenced by her winrate?
Her low popularity was due to her not being very appealing be it visually, power level, and playstyle. Riot is changing all of those.