So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pool Party Kat

03-06-2013

@Morello

Please make the additonal skin limited edition. take the extra skin off shelf after x amout of time

BaronBadgers

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Amazing work! I have a few questions though
1- Since karma has a different kit. Will it be good as a support still? or be just a mid champ?
2- Since some people really miss the fans. Why not add them in her Traditional skin? just make the autos and her carrying fans
3-Is sun goddess karma going to have new effects? like instead of blueish purple will it be orange and green?
I Really love ur relaunched I can't wait for this to come out!

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelaticbirdy View Post
Will Karma donate her old fans so everybody can buy it as a item?

A support item plz

Morello/Riot PLZ :P
That would be pretty awesome. Fans of Karma.

Kim Kartrashian

03-06-2013

@Riot_____

So I'm guessing she will not have the Heimerdinger swag walk animation anymore?

CIazziquai

03-06-2013

So whoever just owns her or buys her now can get this "free skin"? I purchased Karma's double bundle on her release and since then, been a big karma fan. One of my favorite aspects of her game play was the fact that she did use fans and now that that will be removed I just have some concerns. Hopefully, she'll still continue to be that nuke-damaging, beefy support that we all have come to know and love, just with some appearance reworking. I also believe that only people who purchased Karma BEFORE PRE-SEASON 3 should be able to get the skin. Otherwise you should just have the Skin be worth IP because if anyone can just purchase her for her NOW 3150 IP price, whats the point. Might as well hand out 10 Friendly Summoner Honors while your at it.

SilverKitsune

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
As someone who has been involved with the Karma relaunch since the beginning of this project, Karma's story for me is about her transition from the reserved politician to an active leader. She has all this power- her story references it ( By tapping into her inner resilience, she discovered that she could bring great force to bear against her foes on the battlefield. ), but has chosen not to use it to its potential in the past. What costs might that bring with it? In her search for balance and compromise, what might she have lost that a firm stance wouldn't? She hasn't lost her ability to negotiate or guide, but she's gained more conviction to act.

We want Karma to represent balance between the 'old' Ionia and the 'traditional' Ionia - the wise Elders and their traditions and the near-militant youth who grew up under Noxus' thumb. There's costs to making that transition as well. I've got a few stories cooked up about her experiences, but that's all non-cannon and I won't subject you to my fan fictions.
And what better way to do that than to have her use fans with her more "modern" look? Fans have a lot of history to them, as both a symbol of female leadership and hidden strength, especially in Eastern culture and legends. I guess my problem here is I'm not really seeing how Karma's transition from a reserved political leader to an active leader means she can no longer use her fans in combat, especially when they're a symbol of both in Eastern culture.

The Partisan

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowheakenPidgen View Post
If theres gonna be a traditional Karma skin, will her effects go back to pink, or stay green?
Her effects are currently white actually. They are pink if you are on the enemy team, just as with jayce.

They will stay green, but maybe pink for the enemy team?

phatcat09

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zastie View Post
That would be pretty awesome. Fans of Karma.
Continuity is an under appreciated minor priority for Riot

FaerKhan

03-06-2013

See, this is why I refunded my Karma. I knew that when you Riot people decided to "rework" her, you'd get rid of anything cool or different about her, and to be honest, I thought the fans were the best part about her kit. this new Karma isnt Karma, and I hope that Karma comes back to bite you because I think this was a bad decision.

TrippySkippy

03-06-2013

GD after this thread came up: GOT EM!!!!