So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0shield

03-06-2013

im so happy about her

The Partisan

03-06-2013

Karma's new default skin and the model for Anivia's new skin (it was called battlecast in one thread but a rioter confirmed it was something else) have a lot of similarities style wise. Did the same people work on them?

Great Owl

03-06-2013

I liked the bun-fro...On a serious note, could you darken the skin in her splash? It looks pretty good in game, but i guess because of lighting it looks like you whitewashed her in the splash.

Other comments:
It would be nice if the new voice-over has a similar tone/possibly the same voice actor. I also hope you haven't completely ditched the fans (ie. heavenly wave still evokes fans in someway).
I'm also worried about you showing more skin for the new karma model. The shoulders are fine, but the left leg doesn't fit her at all. It would have made more sense if she had the waist high boots on both legs, or had a little half skirt thing over her upper thigh.

Karma was the first champion released when I started playing. I was never good at her, but I was attached. It would be nice if you hadn't changed her look as radically as you did, yes I'll get the old skin, but if I'm in game with someone else, and they are rocking "just another hot video game female" karma, I feel like it will be mildly upsetting. I want to say that you guys did a good job, because it looks like you did, but I can't because it feels like you decided to throw karma out visually, and try to appease her fans with a skin. You keep saying you want to increase female body types, but then you throw one out. Tbh, I'd probably not feel betrayed if you had used her legacy as her base skin and just shipped her new look as a new skin.

GrogTheTrollGod

03-06-2013

I love the idea of giving out Vintage Karma to the old Karma owners, but as everyone and their mother will buy Karma between now and her release (free skin wtfyay!) it kind of defeats the purpose of giving something out to the ones who actually bought Karma way back.

Which brings me to my question... Do you see yourselves doing a Vintage skin reward with Trundle/Sion/Sivir/whatever VU, and if so, is it possible that you only gave the skin free for those who owned it before the rework release. The reasoning being that the old owners dont feel special at all and the ones who buy the champion afterwards can still buy the vintage skin before it gets taken out of the shop.

Aoiboshi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

incoming karma purchases as everyone jumps on the wagon... Me? I'm a die hard karma fan. She is my favorite support to play.

Doc Swiss

03-06-2013

Is she going to get a Spotlight? I think she might need one with all the changes and new players getting her for the skin.

WarDoggy

03-06-2013

Riot pls. Rework/Remodel Udyr. New skins even?

MowheakenPidgen

03-06-2013

If theres gonna be a traditional Karma skin, will her effects go back to pink, or stay green?

butseps

03-06-2013

I think this opens things up for a new female ninja who uses a fan-blade...

Ithastul

03-06-2013

So as she gets reworked....is she getting a new dance too?