So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bes7iA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

as a karma player im really worried that her new kit wont allow me to do the things i do now

with karma right now i can

-solo top
-mid
-support
-jungle ( great to help secure a kill to a melee champ)

so i have this question:

would i be able to still play the way i play now?

CaptainT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

The more and more I look at it the MORE AND MORE I hate that floating mess behind her.

I think she'd look even more sleek and bad ass without it. (and of course with fans)

The main and only reason I don't play Irelia is because of the floating mess behind her.

DeityFinal

03-06-2013

Looks amazing! Great job!
I hope I'll still be able to build her a bit tanky lol.

Dryad Soraka

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainT View Post
The more and more I look at it the MORE AND MORE I hate that floating mess behind her.

I think she'd look even more sleek and bad ass without it. (and of course with fans)

The main and only reason I don't play Irelia is because of the floating mess behind her.
we need more champions with mantles of decorum

AL Penguin

03-06-2013

Can we at least cover the shoulders?

In traditional Asian cultures, showing sleaves under the shoulders is a MAJOR slu-tty gesture because it represents disrobing for ***, (unless they're *** dieties or some other Ahri-like figures). Even revealing cloths reveal vertically (short of nip-slips) AND are impractical to show that they're above everyone else's reproach. If Ionia is based on asian cultures, I just feel like it's inappropriate for it's political leader to dress scantily.

Urf Stance

03-06-2013

AP Karma mid was my main, and this actually makes me really sad. Hopefully the new abilities don't change her too much

CaptainT

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by florrie View Post
we need more champions with mantles of decorum
You call it a mantle of decorum I call it floating mess.

LordPickleton

03-06-2013

Long time Karma user here, and [insert suckup to RIOT comment here].

Any chance we can get a look at how her other skins will be adapted to the rework? I own the Sakura Karma skin and am really curious how it will look without fans - especially considering the whole "geisha fan dance" motif that was the purpose for me buying that skin. To be honest I'm not really liking the sound of Sakura Karma with 2 jade dragons, because then you're mixing up Japanese and Chinese culture and I'm a bit OCD about that kind of stuff (even though there's no Japan or China in the world of Runeterra).

[Suckup comment], RIOT. Even with the removal of one of her trademarks don't forget that Karma ...
*sunglasses*
... will still have fans.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

catraven

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivini View Post
Said every hormonal teen boy ever.
said by dull, controlling adult males and jealous older females ever......

krpy

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraeis View Post
The fans were an important part of Karma's image and as we can all see, the community really wants to maintain that core part of Karma's identity. Karma IS her fans. Even with Karma's new twin dragon mystical force powers, her fans can still play a role in how she channels them. Each fan could have a different dragon, or she could use one fan with each side displaying a different color. There has to be a way to incorporate Karma's only signature item so that she doesn't lose her identity completely. The new default Karma skin (as cool as it is) looks like a completely new champion with no relation to Karma. Karma wasn't so unpopular that Riot needs to completely distance the new version from the original one completely. Having something like the visual upgrade traditional skin with fans and the improved kit would be perfect.

In addition to this, I think a good way to keep the air of elegance and sophistication we expect from Karma would be to have her voice resemble Storm's from the old 90's X-Men cartoon. I also hope to see that her unique incantations are kept, like "Lathreya Nown Vi, Ga Ena Kirivi, and Sa Elesar Terra Vi."

On another note, while I'm glad to see they are keeping Karma's skin tone (and it's good to have this diversity of skin tones) Karma's darker skin tone poses a problem for the Sakura skin. As anyone familiar with East Asia knows, people there avoid tanning and strive for a lighter complexion. Having a Japanese-themed kimono-clad character with an explicitly dark skin tone clashes with the image and can even come across as culturally insensitive and pejorative. If you look at the official Chinese art for the Sakura skin, you can see that they adjusted the skin tone accordingly to fit the theme while keeping the traditional darker skin tone in the original skin. I hope this is taken into consideration with the Sakura skin remake.
really this is dumb almost no one ever played karma i played her alot i dont think the fans are that big of a deal besides i like the new look i think i fits the LOL style of champs cant wait to see the new skill set and to get my hands on this new champ that i will play every game from now on