So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KaiFleur

03-06-2013

I really liked her fans, this sucks :/

Severian NA

03-06-2013

Edit:

Yea, I reconsidered. Too much QQ. Not enough point. I feel like most of us have been talking to a wall. I realise that I made a mistake when I didn't ensure that this and that was taken into consideration. I probably made it look like I was accusing Riot of downright ignoring me. I am not. I am simply saying that I should have approached this differently. I have been following this rework closely, because I care too much about it. When I see how much Karma was changed, and how it clashes violently with how I and many others feel. I am forced to assume that I am overestimating how much weight we have had. If not, then it means that both players and Riot failed to communicate. If the latter is the case, then we could have affected the outcome if we hadn't assumed too much. Does this make sense? Riot has a lot on their plate.

So I am seriously, honestly encouraging fans of the champions next up for a rework, not to make the same mistake: Organize, and make sure Riot knows how you feel. Try to get as much transparency as they will allow, so you can give constructive feedback! If they make decisions you don't like, you will be certain that it couldn't have turned out differently.
Learn from this, community and Riot. Never assume. Don't leave it to chance. If you want Heimer to keep his swagger, gather voices and figure out what is important.

If this still gets downvoted, I give up. >.<

Profiler14

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Does new Karma have all the utility that previous Karma had? I much rather enjoyed the aoe heal, speed buffs, and the shield.

Ryokoseigo2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTSpender View Post
So, I agree with some of that. There are parts of the splash I *do* like, if you cover up the ridiculous torso. The facial expression and the hand gestures in particular I'm pretty positive on. Maybe I can live with her taking a yoga class being okay with the bent back leg as fitting into that them, but I'm not super fond of her going too far in that direction. There are outfits in which the one bare leg would work, but I don't think this outfit is as classy or elegant as the designers think it is.

Like I said, I'm hoping that the animations and/or voice acting bring those elements in, but most of the key descriptions they used seem to be going in a different direction. So we'll see.
I do agree, I love her face, and hair- allthough again it is a gross interpretation of the actual model, since the model's hair is mildly different, and she doesnt look calm in the model...

Also while in real life a long dress with a slit can be very classy, in video game form, it really isnt.especially double slitted dresses, which are rarely classy.

phatcat09

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I'd rather encourage behavior that's constructive when given the choice.
If that's is actually your true intention then try to see some err in your current methodology that's ultimately resulting in more -- less than civil discourse than truly neccessary.

You can completely ignore too strongly worded to borderline narcissistic post that have a readable undertone of understandable frustration.

Alternatively, you could not respond directly to the post themselves, but clearly re-state the undertones in a non-specific direction so that people know you "get it" rather than having several dozen pages of bickering mostly on-set because people are thinking "Why don't they get it? We're mad and they don't seem to care!"

Then when someone else says it again after 10-20-30 pages in a different way and you go "yea I get that now" everyone else is thinking "WE WERE SAYING THAT OMFG...-.-"

Then we have 10-20-30 pages of banter that could've been concluded much earlier, without actually submitting to any form of visible "breaking under pressure"

If the dog is yapping for food because he's hungry, you don't wait until he stops if a really really long time goes by, ideally you don't demonstrate that the behavior can result in reward, but he still needs to eat and you need to avoid a noise complaint.

So you set the bowl neatly out of sight, and then lead them to it without actually giving it to them.

In this case a noise complaint could be likened to unnecessary concluded strife, you can avoid public frustration, you can avoid excessive false conclusion if you simply acknowledge the ideas, you don't have to acknowledge the messenger.

In this post I compare people to dogs by accident.

Gale

03-06-2013

Oh look! Suddenly I've decided to stop playing Smite and DotA 2 and play LoL instead. Interesting how Riot seems to be the only company that is kind enough to rework broken characters for me. Thank you Riot.

Little Italy 2

03-06-2013

dont care buying her for free skin

Alanowen

03-06-2013

Ok I hate to sort of veer off topic a little from this original thread posting, but I have heard a lot of talk about all the reworks and such going on. I was wondering if a dev could possibly answer this question, although its not expected.

Why is it that champions like Karma, or other "newer" releases have their remakes pushed ahead of a champion like, say, Heimer for example. I personally love Heimer and find he can be a bit underpowered. Even when I think I can do well, all my friends whine and complain when I pick him because they think he is basically unplayable.

I guess the end questions are.. Why do "newer" champs get ahead of older ones? And.. Is Heimer planned to have a released remake any time in the near future?

FatalArchon

03-06-2013

Can you at least incorporate fans into traditional Karma's recall or innate. I mean, it IS supposed to be a skin that has all of her best characteristics from the old model, and fans were her biggest thing. I, and many others, were attracted to her in the first place because of her use of fans. It was unique and unorthodox and made her a really cool champ imo

KNITEpanda

03-06-2013

I love the new rework. As a Karma player both support and mid, I can't wait to see what her new kit is going to be like. As much as I liked the fans (reminded me of the sexy Kitana from the MK series) I'm ok with them no longer being a part of her. The jade dragons still represent her image just fine. Love where you guys are going with this when it comes to the oriental mantra/Feng Shui/yin yang aspect