So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grumpy Monkey

Senior Character Artist

03-06-2013
21 of 43 Riot Posts

Hey Guys, just to chime in on the fan conversation and to give some insight.
We got rid of the fans because they did not reflect who we wanted Karma to be going forward. The lore team really wanted to make Her the paragon of Ionia. The fans were not cutting it as a source of readable power in game either. So we iterated on the Ionian standard, the two swirling dragons. We played with the idea that She harnesses Her spiritual energy and uses the Two Ionian Jade Dragons as a conduit for her Mantra. After the particle team got hold of that idea, they made something that was much more impactful and holistic than the two fans. We feel it's a much stronger idea.

GlyphTsen

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMårvelous View Post
Guys. Guys plz. Answer me :c
Model reworks are generally done on a case by case basis.

Zerglinator

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
We got rid of the fans because they did not reflect who we wanted Karma to be going forward. The lore team really wanted to make Her the paragon of Ionia. The fans were not cutting it as a source of readable power in game either. So we iterated on the Ionian standard, the two swirling dragons. We played with the idea that She harnesses Her spiritual energy and uses the Two Ionian Jade Dragons as a conduit for her Mantra. After the particle team got hold of that idea, they made something that was much more impactful and holistic than the two fans. We feel it's a much stronger idea.
Still doesn't help me much. Why couldn't Traditional Karma have fans? Did no one think this might be a good idea? If it would take more time...you already spent 2 years, spend another few months!

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate000 View Post
Old VO.

Confirmed by RiotAmes one page before this one.

Also, is Karma still 6/6/6/0 or is she now 5/5/5/3? I want to know...
Yeah I wasn't sure if he was talking about bringing back the original VA for the new VO or something else.

Also last I heard it'll be 5/5/5/3 but she'll have her ulti at lvl1 ala Elise/Jayce. Not sure how old that is or whether that was just for Guinsoo's version.

Jowy Avilon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

I still wanna see what Sun Goddess and Sakura Karma will look like with the Relaunch!

Spaghadeity

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
But the players obviously don't like it. The players liked her fans. Why not give her both at this point honestly? Her fans as weapons were amazing. I loved seeing karmas in game because of the fans, and because of her impractical dress, both of which are now gone.

It makes me sad.

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

03-06-2013
22 of 43 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlyphTsen View Post
Model reworks are generally done on a case by case basis.
This. A Relaunch is not the approach we'll take to all champions- only the ones that we feel make sense.

Handaran

03-06-2013

I suppose we will see in time, but will having a strong shield still be apart of her new kit? That is really all I care about at this point.

Esilyn

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reset Button View Post
What about her joke about sh*t hitting the fan? Won't that make no sense?
I'm pretty sure they'll remove some of the quotes.
Like the way they reworked Annie, maybe.

cocacolalips

03-06-2013

Morello said himself he doesn't care much about aesthetic anyway.
It's not like he was a fashion designer or anything. It simply is not his thing.

It's like describing how blue the sea is, or how yellow the sun is to a blind man. You're wasting your time.