So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raloosh

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
A WILD SCARIZARD APPEARS!

Hey dudes! As you might know by now, i'm heading up the Karma Relaunch from the design side, and i bring good news - we are changing her kit. While i don't want to go too in-depth just yet, i wanted to drop in to this thread and answer this question, as it's one i've heard a lot and am sure will continue to be a concern.

Karma was re-imagined in our eyes as a support-mage. Think Lux, Morgana, Orianna - the kinds of characters that scale just as well with ability power as they do cooldown reduction and provide a lot to the team in the way of supporting their efforts. As a support-mage, she won't necessarily have the exact same specialized strengths as say Nami or Thresh (who were primarily designed as duo-lane support champions), but brings a mixed bag of damage and utility that we hope will leave you able to affect the outcome of teamfights and skirmishes alike no matter what lane you want to take her.

I'll be back with specifics on her abilities and mechanics as we get closer to her PBE release.
I had heard that Guinsoo at one point was working on the Karma Rework.
What happened, did he quit or something?
pls no :(

Demonic Instinct

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippymcgee View Post
People who purchase Karma within two weeks of the VU will be able to purchase the "traditional" skin. Meanwhile, people that purchased her before the VU will have her for free.
Ah okay, that makes sense. All this talk about "Vintage" and "Traditional" is quite confusing. They should really just stick to one name for the skin.

Aona Nae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

I want to see Karma's core idea still intact. I like her, I've played her quite a bit, and her kit is really solid, but at the same time it's really awkward, and at times doesn't measure up. Her shield has got to be the best part of her skillset.

Playing her as an AP/Mage, is an extremely powerful option, and it's great. Typically, because of the amount of damage she provides, while still being able to lay down a hefty shield. Her W is hard to use, and her Q is as well. I think it's typically in my opinion, her skills are just not just as smooth as they should be in execution.

I'm glad to see signs of the rework. On another note, is there any word of any Anivia skins int he coming months. :O I want to put money aside for future 'investments'. For when it comes around, and don't want to be caught off guard, if it's pricing is quite high. I'd love a response to that one.

AlternateJ

03-06-2013

I understand that her kit got reworked. Are there any particular changes to her kit that are comparable in uniqueness to Syndra's kit?

The Aviatrix

03-06-2013

I'm disappointed.

I loved Karma's dress. And impracticality of it.
I never bought her purely due to play style. But I always enjoyed seeing her model in game.

This new look... Looks incredibly generic. The "classic" look is better (by far) but it doesn't have the same charm as wearing an impractical dress.

I had high hopes when told she wouldn't turn into a ****. I figured she'd still be elegant.
I guess I now understand the disappointment that you say people have when you leak information early.

cocacolalips

03-06-2013

R.I.P. karma 2013

CaptainMĂ„rvelous

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMćrvelous View Post
WOAH WOAH WOAH

Hold on Mr.Rello and friends.

Does THIS mean that when Sion, Heimer, and Sejuani are "reworked" they too will receive new models and looks just as Karma has? Or is this just a Karma-centric thing?

SHOGUN MUST KNOW.
Guys. Guys plz. Answer me :c

Reset Button

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
Traditional's voice will be her original VO.
What about her joke about sh*t hitting the fan? Won't that make no sense?

Severian NA

03-06-2013

I am trying to stay positive, but with this, I feel the kit rework looming like the final crushing blow.
But there is still hope. Maybe the classic skin will get redesigned. Maybe her shieldbomb and percentage heal will stay. Maybe her mantras wont have over 40 second cooldowns. These four things, and my Karma will have escaped with her life. If not it it might be a cool new champion, but there is no replacing my Karma. She will be gone.

VeloxMortis

03-06-2013

Mmm, liking the new visual, but hopefully the kit won't change too much c: