So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kabitzy

03-06-2013

Gotta admit I find this new Karma to be underwhelming.

The random Jessica Rabbit dress slit to her hip makes so little sense to me. It could have been worked in better. Like the left arm being bare and the right leg being bare that way it looked more purposefully asymmetrical and not just "look at Karma's thigh!"

I won't speak for all Karma fans, but I enjoyed her because she was a classy lady out on the battle field. This new Karma isn't remotely classy looking. She looks like Random Battle Vixen #205.

Only thing I can say I enjoy is that you kept her skin color dark and didn't whitewash her. Kudos.

This will be ignored though because they are cherry picking the compliments. Oh well.

The Sound

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Hmm... looks like I'm saving up for Karma now.

Morello, any hint if Udyr is on the list for a VU? I think his kit is fine, if you want to change it's obviously your guys' call, but I think if Udyr looked at least as badass as he does for the splash on Black Belt Udyr it would be epic.

Yeah, fan of Udyr, want him to get a VU. Even saying he's on the list would be epic.

Karma Sandiego

03-06-2013

@Morello

If Karma no longer has fans whats her Auto Attack Animation do?

And it was K

03-06-2013

Heh. I joined during Karma's release week. I don't play her much, aside from trolling customs with friends, but it still feels pretty awesome seeing the first champion I saw released get this much love. Back then I thought new champions were like the most prestigious thing in the game, and only the good players had them, so it was so cool when I would see her. Just felt a bit bad after cause I rarely saw her after Maokai was released, aside from a short stint with her myself when I was trying to learn champions other than Irelia.

This is ****ing epic. GG Riot.

Ecclessian

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff View Post
If you want to be known far and wide as the first Karma adopter in the world, that might be a little more difficult ;(
How about a Summoner Icon? Dunno if that idea interests you, just throwing out a suggestion.

Morello

Lead Designer

03-06-2013
19 of 43 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellioning View Post
I like the skin, but the lack of fans definitely means something is lacking, something that I've associated with Karma for a long time.
Additionally, Karma originally only had two fans, and we wanted to increase that amount by removing the fans.

Severian NA

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I don't actually understand this. Did you expect the model to remain low-res? Is this a fan/no-fan thing? I want to understand, but this is really confusing that this is a feeling someone has on this.
I will reiterate, as it seems my explanation attached to a request got lost in the crowd.
I hope a simple cut and paste will do

"This is an exceptional execution of a reworked look. I won't lie, I don't dislike this Karma. Though I do not like her losing her calm under any circumstances, I can see why that might be dehumanizing her too much.

Yet, as I feared, this becomes a clean break. Like it is suddenly the future, and her old friends barely recognize her. (We did have issues as you know, with the leaked pic :P )
This is Battle-Karma. And I see that is what you wanted her to be. It is not the Karma who expressed how centered, serene and self-confident she was by simply walking straight out on the battlefield, then going "Oh, Yes. This dress maay have been impractical."
Expressed in the way she stood, calmly looking around and fanning herself. Entering the battleground as a noblewoman who simply will not be fazed. I can see her staring down Shyvanas true form, fans fluttering, the only change of expression and poise an arched eyebrow. In her impractical dress.
I will miss that ridicilous calm and confidence. I see that my Karma has been measured and found wanting, and that is saddening because she truly was unique. But alright. It was your decision, and I am sure you didn't make it lightly. I won't rant and rave, this is life.

But I have one request. If you add a classical skin, then I can treat the rest as years later, and I get to keep my Karma. Everybody wins. But that requires a dress. This one is much too practical. It requires fans, and it requires her old animations (though feel free to tune them up). Especially the walk and idle ones. And her old voice. I realize and appreciate the gesture of the classic skin (greatly, in fact. It confirms beyond doubt that you listen and you care, which makes this easier to swallow.) Yet if you want the classic skin to be our Karma, it requires its most defining aspects. If you would go to those lengths I will be ridicilously, pathetically grateful for a bridge that ties the new to the old, for getting to, officially, keep my Karma. It would make everybody come out on top.
It is silly, how did I grow this attached to her?

So, I know it will require a lot of work. I don't care if you charge for that. But is there hope? Pretty please?

-Sev"

Devack The Holy

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff View Post
Alright so I got the final word here.

Vintage Karma will be available for purchase for two weeks after Karma officially hits the live servers. After that, Vintage Karma will be retired to our legacy skins vault.

Karma's IP / RP prices will not change on her launch.

As for Karma being a reward for her old fans, it's a question of what you value. You already own Karma and if you liked her old aesthetic, this is the opportunity to get retain that. If you want to be known far and wide as the first Karma adopter in the world, that might be a little more difficult ;(
Great... You just made earning the IP for Karma a priority...

You rarely open the Legacy vault as it is.

And it was K

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Additionally, Karma originally only had two fans, and we wanted to increase that amount by removing the fans.
No. **** you Morello. I was about to make that joke.

ChocoKelly

03-06-2013

Is she will also get new Voices?