So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luna Wolf

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoruichi View Post
I appreciate that I'm getting a free skin, period. Even with this news, how many people do you think will rush to buy Karma?
This!

Maraad

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vempyre View Post
Could the OK's ( Original Karma's. The ones who played her pre relaunch ) maybe get an Icon? I think that would be pretty neat!
Maybe.... URF WITH HIPSTER GLASSES DRINKING COFFEE?

Zuphlas

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff View Post
As for Karma being a reward for her old fans, it's a question of what you value.
I value her gameplay as it is now, not that that will stop what may be a huge play style difference from coming out. Obviously you guys can't please everybody, but something about asking what we value after the change is done is a bit irritating. No I don't fault you for anything (I think the visual upgrade is cool, and I'm glad we get traditional karma as an option), or the people that did the rework trying to get her to be picked more often, I'm just venting in preparation for what may be a very large disappointment. Better to expect the worst and not be disappointed than to have high hopes and have them crushed.

Zarokima

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

I'm wondering about Karma's current skins now. Are they more like the Vintage Karma, keeping her more reserved appearance, or are they more like her flashy new look? I ask because I personally don't like her new default (it's good, but just doesn't feel like Karma to me), yet the Vintage skin does a good job of making her look better while maintaining the matronly appearance I liked about her. I don't want my Sun Goddess Karma to become Sexy Mayan Karma (not that I'm against sexy champs, but that's Kat's, Nid's and MF's territory, not Karma's).

And if we don't like the re-done skins, will you be giving out refunds for them, even if purchased long ago?

Zerglinator

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynt View Post
Let me rephrase what you said.

You liked the old aesthetic of having fans. I have the right to hijack your meaning because I share it--battle fans are cool and I like that aesthetic. But it has nothing to do with Karma. It's like when everyone learned that Ganandorf had a Sword in Smash Bros. Melee. The question that everyone asked the first time they saw his victory animation was "Why does Ganandorf have a sword?" Why did Karma have fans?

Now that her primary weapon is a Kamehameha wave, it frees up Battle Fans for another champion. One that actually incorporates the Fan-style Fighting into their kit, instead of as just an accessory.
No, really. I liked the fans. You can't change that I liked the fans no matter what you say. Among other things, like her capabilities as a support (gonna be crippled by making her a "support-mage" since no one takes Lux or Morgana Support), and her voice (It's a different one, confirmed by Danielle McRae herself)...

Don't tell me you have the right to hijack my meaning, I mean what I said. I said what I meant. I liked the fans. Let's look at the phrase "fanning the flames" (like her INNER FLAME). It means that you increase a smaller power into a bigger one by fanning it, which in essence describes a support. It could also describe her causing her people to rise, like her lore describes.

But no, really, tell me I didn't actually like her fans. Tell me what I like and don't like, everyone else does.

Morello

Lead Designer

03-06-2013
17 of 43 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shè View Post
Sigh I was afraid of this,

I really liked Karma because her look always looked so unique to me in contrast to all the female champions, she looked interesting without needing to look 'sexy' or show off her body. Now she's just like any of the other champions :L
Which is why we give you the traditional skin to play if you enjoy it!

CabecoteNA

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
You keep any existing skins, yes. They are also being update like other Visual updates (Annie, Nidalee, etc)
Oooohhohoh Morello I have a suggestion!!! On Traditional Karma made her recall similar with Jade Fang Cassiopeia (a fan dance basically). It would be nostalgic and uber awesome!!! ^^

skippymcgee

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Which is why we give you the traditional skin to play if you enjoy it!
sans fans.

Morello

Lead Designer

03-06-2013
18 of 43 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellioning View Post
I like the skin, but the lack of fans definitely means something is lacking, something that I've associated with Karma for a long time.
Maybe so, but I think if that's the only price we pay (and with the new rig, the fans had to go), I think it's extremely minor for the gains.

Cherusi

03-06-2013

i personally think karma still has a quite refined and elegant look about her even with the new costume and look