So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mei Fujioka

03-06-2013

morello, grumpy monkey, runaan, ironstylus, ames, pwyff, scarizard and anyone else who had anything to do with this. I just want you to know how in love with you i am right now

quizno1965

03-06-2013

The visuals are amazing. I just hope the kit rework doesnt mess with her play style too much. If I can't bring karma mid top and support now that she looks great it will be a real bummer.

Brad NZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

cool so when do i recieve my traditional galio skin i have been waiting for since the image nerf

Prince Kassad

03-06-2013

Why does she have straightened hair now? She used to have an afro.

I really do have a problem with that specific change, and I don't think it is silly to point it out. You guys promised no "whitewashing" with her VU and I think that should apply to her hair as well. With all the problematic messages about race & beauty in the media, I think this concern is relevant.

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixSlayer13 View Post
So, uh... sorry to be the non-Karma owner here, but would I get the skin if I buy Karma like right now? I've always kind of liked her but never bought her because I didn't want people to think I was trolling (no offense to Karma players, most people just never realized her power and hence thought she was weak).
Yes, but you're still taking a risk.

We don't know what her kit will be--and no leak in the world can have a say on that, because it's subject to change any moment. Even after the launch. So do you like Karma's new character? If so, get the champion. Because her new character is to stay.

In truth Karma's personality isn't getting redefined. It's just getting more defined.

Morello

Lead Designer

03-06-2013
15 of 43 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridos View Post
Except that you didn't do that. Yeah, you retained elements of the classic look, but the "Traditional" skin doesn't actually look anything like the previous look of Karma.

I'm really, really disappointed at how poorly the conceptual look of the new Karma matches up with Karma's previous iteration and lore, especially after red comments stating that retaining her previous look was a priority. I honestly feel betrayed about this.
I don't actually understand this. Did you expect the model to remain low-res? Is this a fan/no-fan thing? I want to understand, but this is really confusing that this is a feeling someone has on this.

Luninareph

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Kassad View Post

I really do have a problem with that specific change, and I don't think it is silly to point it out. You guys promised no "whitewashing" with her VU and I think that should apply to her hair as well.
She didn't have an afro, she had a bun.

Twillera

03-06-2013

Il put it out there

I came rainbows.

Gazerak

03-06-2013

I just bought karma. :S

Mynt

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Kassad View Post

I really do have a problem with that specific change, and I don't think it is silly to point it out. You guys promised no "whitewashing" with her VU and I think that should apply to her hair as well.
She started using L'oreal's new anti-frizz conditioner.