So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

03-06-2013
14 of 43 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raygr View Post
Okay, I know i'm a no body and I doubt this will be read but you have no idea how much I want to thank you for keeping the traditional Karma look for us. You really have no idea. I may not use Karma much cause of her abilities but I always did like how she look. So who ever came through with this decision I want to say thank you for keeping us in mind when you did the rework.
<3

BourbonEclair

03-06-2013

i just hope they don't ruin her ability to top/mid

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
I liked her old aesthetic of having fans.
Let me rephrase what you said.

You liked the old aesthetic of having fans. I have the right to hijack your meaning because I share it--battle fans are cool and I like that aesthetic. But it has nothing to do with Karma. It's like when everyone learned that Ganandorf had a Sword in Smash Bros. Melee. The question that everyone asked the first time they saw his victory animation was "Why does Ganandorf have a sword?" Why did Karma have fans?

Now that her primary weapon is a Kamehameha wave, it frees up Battle Fans for another champion. One that actually incorporates the Fan-style Fighting into their kit, instead of as just an accessory.

TheEnygma

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixSlayer13 View Post
So, uh... sorry to be the non-Karma owner here, but would I get the skin if I buy Karma like right now? I've always kind of liked her but never bought her because I didn't want people to think I was trolling (no offense to Karma players, most people just never realized her power and hence thought she was weak).
somebody needs to read them some Riot posts

Lenren

03-06-2013

I have soo many mixed feels about this, Karma was always one of my favorite Champs, when I pick her, people in team select tell me, "Eww, don't pick her, she sucks." I then prove them wrong, and show why Karma is a B****. However, judging by the posts, people will just buy her now, to get the new skin, then bash on her because they can't play her well.

Sasnak

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luninareph View Post

You got rid of her fans.

You GOT RID. Of her FANS.

You changed her gown into skirt panels, cut off her hair, and GOT RID OF HER FANS.

I...this is crushing news. This is a gorgeous, gorgeous visual rework, and it is not what I wanted at all. Even the knowledge that I will be able to keep her old color scheme and hairstyle with the Traditional skin doesn't do much to soften the blow of the complete removal of her gown and her fans.

I'm sure this is going to make her much more popular and mainstream. I'm glad so many of the people posting here are so pleased with it. I'm certainly not going to stop playing Karma or anything ridiculous like that. But I am not pleased with it. I am not pleased with it at all. And that is putting it very, very, VERY mildly.

I don't suppose we can hope for a new fan-wielding champion or a slew of new ballgown skins to make up for everything we're losing in this Karma rework, can we...?
This exactly. Riot, please reconsider with fans...please...this is just too much v-v

Synthesse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

How about the following:
For everyone who owned Karma before today and played at least, like, 15 games with her, they get the 'Hipster Karma' skin in addition to Traditional Karma. The only change is thick hipster glasses on the skin.

Idea aside though, excellent job guys I really appreciate the Traditional Skin as well, as a Karma fan myself

Healurownbum

03-06-2013

Am i the only one that think this will just be a new champion with a old name? Looks compleetly changed weapons out of the door and she glows green for crying out loud. So far dissapointed with the looks. Again she looks like she got exposed to some nuclear waste

Afflictid

03-06-2013

This is absolutely amazing. No other words.

Vempyre

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff View Post
Alright so I got the final word here.

Vintage Karma will be available for purchase for two weeks after Karma officially hits the live servers. After that, Vintage Karma will be retired to our legacy skins vault.

Karma's IP / RP prices will not change on her launch.

As for Karma being a reward for her old fans, it's a question of what you value. You already own Karma and if you liked her old aesthetic, this is the opportunity to get retain that. If you want to be known far and wide as the first Karma adopter in the world, that might be a little more difficult ;(

Could the OK's ( Original Karma's. The ones who played her pre relaunch ) maybe get an Icon? I think that would be pretty neat!