So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrCroc987

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
It's not.

TheEnygma

03-06-2013

the Harrowing 2012, Christmas Kat recall, Goth Annie and now this Karma skin....

can never win huh?

Hahke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Is the Traditional Karma skin going to become purchasable, limited edition, or legacy?

M3lonMast3r

03-06-2013

If there is one thing the League of Legends community has taught me, is that people can be out right jerks for no reason. I have nothing against people offering their opinion nor am I complaining about that. Itís the way they express their opinion that continues to amaze me. Riot has spent weeks and probably months working on this new skin. The least people could do is say thank you.

Karma is my favorite champ and although I love her legacy design, I think this new design is incredibly well done. Thank you Riot and all of the hard working employees that gave this rework some hard spent time. I canít wait to see the changes to her abilities and other skins.

rewski

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
We know that people will go and get Karma right now for the skin- it's no surprise.

we also wanted to give current Karma faithfuls a way to enjoy a new take on her original look.
Isn't that just a contradiction? If you really wanted to reward Karma faithfuls you would've limited the traditional skin to those who owned her before this announcement. Now 80% of the playerbase who sees this will pick her up for 3150 IP and the skin will basically mean nothing.

If the skin will be available in store too then there is no problem. But if it was meant to be limited, then why not actually make it limited.

Riot Pwyff

Player Communications

Follow Riot Pwyff on Twitter

03-06-2013
13 of 43 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temjen View Post
Something that you may want to clarify before things get out of hand: Will Traditional Karma be exclusive to previous Karma owners, or will it be available for purchase for everyone after her relaunch? I've owned her forever so it doesn't matter to me, but this seems like the type of thing you guys will want to take a firm stance on early, and make it clear to everyone.
Alright so I got the final word here.

Vintage Karma will be available for purchase for two weeks after Karma officially hits the live servers. After that, Vintage Karma will be retired to our legacy skins vault.

Karma's IP / RP prices will not change on her launch.

As for Karma being a reward for her old fans, it's a question of what you value. You already own Karma and if you liked her old aesthetic, this is the opportunity to retain that. If you want to be known far and wide as the first Karma adopter in the world, that might be a little more difficult ;(

HolyHammerStrike

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siigari View Post
Lol this is double-talk. I appreciate the gesture of good faith, but TELLING a community that if you have Karma pre-rework you'll get a free skin is pretty lame.

If you wanted to really reward Karma players with a free skin you wouldn't have mentioned it, and it would have been a nice surprise. Now you are saying you want to reward Karma faithfuls for having her, but anyone can throw down 3150 IP to get a free skin, and that just muddies the gift.
Because it is better to have players throw a hissy fit about possibly losing a look they love? Like they have already been...

Sharky Shark

03-06-2013

Riot, thank you for
1)not giving up on Karma
2)giving her a new look
3)allowing us Karma players to retain her old look

I can't wait.

Thanks, Riot! <3

Schoild

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-06-2013

you guys should give traditional karma to the real karma players not everyone who buys her 24 hours before the launch.. SO LAME -.-

i actually bought a skin of karma a long time ago, and now you guys will change her and if i dont like her.. i cant even complain or refund her -.-

Zerglinator

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Pwyff View Post
As for Karma being a reward for her old fans, it's a question of what you value. You already own Karma and if you liked her old aesthetic, this is the opportunity to get retain that. If you want to be known far and wide as the first Karma adopter in the world, that might be a little more difficult ;(
I liked her old aesthetic of having fans.