So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iretha

03-06-2013

I'm a little skeptical on this rework.... I was sorta hoping she would stay more of a support, but instead a "Support Mage" like Lux, Morg, Ori?
I'm also worried about her new lore.

Quote:
The ongoing struggle has taken its toll on Karma's calm, composed demeanor.
I hope this doesn't get overdone and she doesn't turn into some sort of rage-monster, I also miss her fans, and I still hope Janna was her mentor at some point.
Eh, I was probably getting ahead of myself, when I heard "rework" I just sorta thought "Oh, they'll change up her abilities, like rework the R+Q and R+E from "damage and heal" on Q to "Heal and Resist Buff" for Q+R and E can stay a shield with some damage and R+E can be an aoe shield for all allies in the "damage" area. Then make the speed buff/slow easier by having R+W let you use two chains, so you could choose to speed two allies, slow two enemies, or one of each, instead of having to speed/slow one person and dance around hoping to speed someone by catching them in that thread. Probably woulda been good vs aoe comps by chaining R+E and R+Q with solari locket and bulwark.

Maybe I'll like it, maybe I won't, my biggest concern is that she wont be able to support anymore, and will instead just get exiled to middle. Not just because I like having new supports, but because she always felt like less the straight up killer type and more of the "Hey, you're in trouble, let me help you" type. Hopefully she won't be completely like Lux, Ori, and Morg in the respect that she's thrown in mid and just HAPPENS to have a shield and some CC.

Spectre06

03-06-2013

Riot just baited me into buying Karma... I never thought I'd see the day...

Peacë

03-06-2013

Thank you for letting us keep the old Karma skin, it is my favorite. Also, Karma 2016.

Taikero

03-06-2013

This announcement is hilarious since it forced me not to pick up Akali with IP and Nurse Akali with RP since this way I get Karma and a skin for 3150 IP, and Karma is turning into a support mage which I like.

Schoild

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-06-2013

i'm so sad right now.. you guys transformed hipster karma into another common mage on mid..

LBX Tonyb3

03-06-2013

"Weve also taken her Ionian ties a step further: her magic springs from the crest of twin dragons in her mantle, literally and figuratively transforming her into a symbol of her homeland."

Wait, so her ult turns her into a dragon?

I need to know!

Scarizard pls!

Riot Pwyff

Player Communications

Follow Riot Pwyff on Twitter

03-06-2013
10 of 43 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devack The Holy View Post
Will Traditional Karma be available in the store upon her relaunch, or will it be exclusive only to those who bought her before the rework?
[edit] Oop, I misunderstood this one. My bad. I'll confirm for you real quick here...

Carolyn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Are her other skins being changed too?

Luna Wolf

03-06-2013

I appreciate the fact that riot has devoted so much time to this rework and karma. Although it does pull away from the current karma we have I don't view it as a bad change. I played her on a different account long before and I did enjoy her but I only just recently bought her on my current account because I was holding out for the promise of her rework. And now that this has come out I can honestly say I'm happy and if riot is so devoted to maintaining her and advancing her as well, I'm willing to wait and have faith in their goals for her rework. Thanks for listening riot and reworking such a deserving champion.

Dainama

03-06-2013

boobs!