So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CynicalGiant

03-06-2013

Cleopatra is now a champion.

Nice.

I imagine that Mordekaiser and Sion are on the list of "re-imagining" a champion. Morde and Sion are burst mages that look like physical bruisers.

Iridos

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
This was critical to us when updating a character thematically. We just think there's no reason, when updating, we can't also retain the classic character concept as a free skin for legacy fans of the character. Makes it a win-win - get to fix characters with issues in the game, but not "take anything away."
Except that you didn't do that. Yeah, you retained elements of the classic look, but the "Traditional" skin doesn't actually look anything like the previous look of Karma.

I'm really, really disappointed at how poorly the conceptual look of the new Karma matches up with Karma's previous iteration and lore, especially after red comments stating that retaining her previous look was a priority. I honestly feel betrayed about this.

BBBombBB

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Okay... let me guess: because you are taking away Karma's fans, wouldn't that mean that the Q has to be changed, because it is based on the shape of the fan?

Man, if you do end up redesigning her Q completely, I wouldn't enjoy that so much. For those who don't know, Karma's Q is cone-shaped (like a fan) and deals damage to enemies inside of it. With Mantra, it heals allies inside of it while also damaging enemies. It scales pretty well with AP.

But I would have to guess that her W will remain about the same, because the preview Morello gave shows Karma using W with her new skin.

Who knows about the E. That's itself is a pretty decent ability. Nice immediate shield that scales very well with AP, and an AoE damage with Mantra.

It's fun to extract details from given information!

Ezran

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

OH MAH GAWD AWESOME!!!

Been waiting for this for a while, I love the idea of Karma but she always was so bad for the meta that I never played her.
1. Her new art looks sick, I like how she seems more dominant and leader-esque.
2. Free Traditional Skin Is AwEsOmEEEE!! (She's fully clothed, for those of you complaining about the bare leg -_- )
3. Can't wait to see her kit, I suspect her mantra skill is worked into the glowing dragonstones, but I could be wrong. Can't wait to go Avatar form on people's asses heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridos View Post
Except that you didn't do that. Yeah, you retained elements of the classic look, but the "Traditional" skin doesn't actually look anything like the previous look of Karma.

I'm really, really disappointed at how poorly the conceptual look of the new Karma matches up with Karma's previous iteration and lore, especially after red comments stating that retained her previous look was a priority. I honestly feel betrayed about this.
I disagree, her traditional skin looks exactly like the old karma, except minus the awkward floppy-walk thing she did. Her new style is a little more edgy than the old skin, but then again she's supposed to be a badass magical conduit leader of a fallen people...I think her new art makes her look very..idk alpha? like she was originally supposed to be. I think they hit it spot on.

Legendary Jason

03-06-2013

so if i buy karma right now i would be able to unlock a skin for her?

Coom

03-06-2013

@Scarizard - Why did you remove her Battle Fans?

I don't understand why there was a need to remove them. They were cool. And they seem to fit the style you were going for with the new Karma even more so than the old.

DarkestPhoenix

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxglossxx View Post
what about her 2 other skins? Sun godess and the other one? Can you spoil how they look like c:
she has skins?!

BomshelMcJenkins

03-06-2013

The splash art looks absolutely amazing for new Karma and I'm super excited to see her back in the game with this rework, but I just can't help but notice how dark her skin is in those in-game images as opposed to in the splash art. I think the splash art skin color seems much more accurate to the character she's supposed to be (it looks more east-Asian rather than the almost African Karma in the in-game shots). Please make it clear which one is correct before the rework makes it into the game!

Cuix

03-06-2013

I'm curious to know if any artists working with Riot have actually tried getting into Karma's pose from her splash art, and if there's a reason for all the bare skin when she's largely a mage. She looks gorgeous, but she's not the classy woman of yesteryear.

Lost My Blades

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post
Soraka feels a bit left out....

Well, that isn't true, she just feels left on the ugly bus, along with Sion.
What are you talking about? she got here visual rework.