What`s with the LeBlanc changes?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChickenWrap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-06-2013

?

An Aphorism

03-06-2013

40-60% dps increase for 375 0.2 ap scaling seems legit.

Enjuine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

They realized that her lategame is actually OP...apparently.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

03-06-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

i assume you're referring to the changes that just went out to the pbe. i've seen a bit of misunderstanding on how they work, so i'll quickly explain the new functionality that we're currently testing:
- when a mimic'd spell damages an opponent, it deals 125/200/275 (+0.6 ap) magic damage.

this means that a rank 1 mimic'd sigil of silence with 100 ap will deal 185 magic damage (regardless of sigil of silence's current rank) when it initially hits the target. it will deal an additional 185 magic damage when you 'pop' the sigil. that's a total of 370 magic damage for her rank 1 ult with 100 ability power [ 250 (+1.2 ap) ]. if you instead mimic'd ethereal chains, and get the snare, you would deal the same 370 magic damage (regardless of ethereal chain's current rank).

the point of the change is to allow leblanc the freedom to mimic spells based on which utility fits the situation the best at any given moment (i.e., silence, snare, or dash).

Map Awareness

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
(+0.6 ap)
Holy ****, wasn't it just 0.2? This is gonna be more broken than release LB if so.

Mirror

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku View Post
This is an experimental change that I was working with, having Mimic be its own separate damage rather than based on which spell she is leveling. The intention was to smooth out her level 6-9 damage and instead allow her to scale a bit better late game. An additional goal was to make her feel better about casting abilities that she isn't leveling (W->R wave clear etc).

The AP Ratio on there isn't correct (my bad), after you put a point into Mimic it will update to a .6 ratio.

The ultimate was changed to dealing its own damage - not adding damage to the spell.

ChrononumberXIII

03-06-2013

Quote:
the point of the change is to allow leblanc the freedom to mimic spells based on which utility fits the situation the best at any given moment (i.e., silence, snare, or dash).
But you usually mimic sigil for damage not the silence, and if you are going to mimic for utility, the damage doesnt really matter.

Mirror

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Map Awareness View Post
Holy ****, wasn't it just 0.2? This is gonna be more broken than release LB if so.
Sigil's total ratio is currently 0.9, and Mimic increases that by 10%/20%/40%. The new version is a flat chunk of damage, and 0.6, with no further amplification.

Mirror

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrononumberXIII View Post
But you usually mimic sigil for damage not the silence, and if you are going to mimic for utility, the damage doesnt really matter.
The point is that if all your Mimic spells deal the same damage, you have more freedom to play during levels 1 - 16 than just SURPRISE-QR. =)

Freudia

03-06-2013

Quote:
i assume you're referring to the changes that just went out to the pbe. i've seen a bit of misunderstanding on how they work, so i'll quickly explain the new functionality that we're currently testing:
- when a mimic'd spell damages an opponent, it deals 125/200/275 (+0.6 ap) magic damage.

this means that a rank 1 mimic'd sigil of silence with 100 ap will deal 185 magic damage (regardless of sigil of silence's current rank) when it initially hits the target. it will deal an additional 185 magic damage when you 'pop' the sigil. that's a total of 370 magic damage for her rank 1 ult with 100 ability power [ 250 (+1.2 ap) ]. if you instead mimic'd ethereal chains, and get the snare, you would deal the same 370 magic damage (regardless of ethereal chain's current rank).

So basically Mimic'd Sigil of Silence does less damage than the actual move?

That seems rather... questionable.