So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hellioning

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
We mean before the day of the relaunch hitting the live servers. We know that people will go and get Karma right now for the skin- it's no surprise.

The relaunch team felt strongly that we wanted to create a new look for Karma - but we also wanted to give current Karma faithfuls a way to enjoy a new take on her original look. The black/white theme, the more reserved appearance, and more were all things we decided to put into this 'Traditional' skin.
How can I prove, then, that I'm not just someone who bought Karma just for the skin, and that I'm actually a 'Karma faithful'?

I need to prove my hipsterness, dammit!

Beezil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

it's not too bad. I myself like the fans. they gave her a unique look that you don't find on other champs. That mantra system needs to go for sure. it's pretty garbage.

Fuzen kuden

03-06-2013

welp R.I.P karma now that your in morellos nerf team sites now welcome to nerf city pop every dedicated support in the game

Rauron

03-06-2013

Thank you so much for these insights! It's really cool to see your reasons for making the decisions made. I like much of what I'm seeing, especially the particle effect changes. I also agree that her fans didn't really seem to do much to convey her character, and her dress was perhaps too impractical. However, I feel as though she isn't as elegant and classy as she was before, and has lost a good amount of her mystic mage appearance. Instead, she's showing a lot more skin, and she looks like a martial artist/monk with some magic, like an arcane version of Udyr or Lee. Such a character could be interesting, sure, but is it Karma?

Mirror

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
We mean before the day of the relaunch hitting the live servers. We know that people will go and get Karma right now for the skin- it's no surprise.

The relaunch team felt strongly that we wanted to create a new look for Karma - but we also wanted to give current Karma faithfuls a way to enjoy a new take on her original look. The black/white theme, the more reserved appearance, and more were all things we decided to put into this 'Traditional' skin.
Have both of her prior skins been given this shawl/wrap/loincloth look, or is there one that keeps the dress vibe for variety's sake?

Bump N Grind

03-06-2013

Riot...you guys are just awesome! As someone who has owned Karma since the moment she was first released, I can't find a satisfactory way of expressing just how overjoyed and grateful I am!

TY TY TY!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I assume she is being driven towards the role of a support akin to Janna and Sona, or more of a magey support like Lulu or Zyra? Or a passive like Soraka?

Erestem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

People that own Karma now get to keep the traditional skin. I approve, but I think it'd also be a nice gesture that the traditional skin should keep the original voice over. Just an idea, but I think it'd be cool for fans of the existing Karma can keep her as intact as possible.

Dryad Soraka

03-06-2013

she's so beautiful

Cagonaso

03-06-2013

As a day 1 buyer of karma, owner of all of her skins, and overall huge fan of this champion, i LOVE THIS.

LOVE IT.

Cagil

03-06-2013

Wait so karma gets a new skin and keeps her current one or does the new one replace her current one?