So older LoL players basically can't get ribbons...

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 21
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valkaire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2013

I don't want honorable opponent ribbons considering the majority of people who give it only give it out to the teams they beat as a "thanks for the win" thing.

Jack Poe

03-05-2013

It depends a lot on what elo you're at.

My roommate is somewhere in plastic tier (his words, not mine) and averages 1-5 honors per game even when he feeds and ignores his teammates.

I'm in low gold and I get maybe one per game and that's if I carry. People who are playing to win don't give a **** about honor and forgot about it even being there. People who are playing to have fun do it all the time.
I've resigned to just assuming I'll never get a banner because the people I play with have forgotten that they CAN honor.

The only way I see honor becoming prevalent enough in medium low (gold) to high (diamond) elo would be to ask players to designate an MvP each game and honor based on that.
Fewer clicks, gives a prompt, and reminds the player that they can do it. I know half the time I want to report or honor someone and just skip it because I'd have to wait for stats, click the tiny icon, select what I want to do, etc.

I just hit play again and forget.

Veppo

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Poe View Post
It depends a lot on what elo you're at.

My roommate is somewhere in plastic tier (his words, not mine) and averages 1-5 honors per game even when he feeds and ignores his teammates.

I'm in low gold and I get maybe one per game and that's if I carry. People who are playing to win don't give a **** about honor and forgot about it even being there. People who are playing to have fun do it all the time.
I've resigned to just assuming I'll never get a banner because the people I play with have forgotten that they CAN honor.

The only way I see honor becoming prevalent enough in medium low (gold) to high (diamond) elo would be to ask players to designate an MvP each game and honor based on that.
Fewer clicks, gives a prompt, and reminds the player that they can do it. I know half the time I want to report or honor someone and just skip it because I'd have to wait for stats, click the tiny icon, select what I want to do, etc.

I just hit play again and forget.
Yeah that's what I've been noticing. I feel like nobody even bothers to give them out at my level. They just play and move on. I honestly get them so rarely nowadays no matter how well I do in a game.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

03-05-2013
1 of 5 Riot Posts

A lot of players have mentioned this already, but the system only counts games since Honor launched so all players are on a fair playing field.

Regarding the 'rarity' of Honor, the system takes into account the current usage of Honor, so it's not impossible to get badges/ribbons. In fact, right now, we have double as many players (relative to the total number of players on a server) with badges compared to the initial wave of badge unlocks in the first few weeks after launch.

For example, in the weeks after launch, only ~1% of players unlocked the Great Leader. We're currently at ~6% of players who have unlocked Great Leader.

Keep being positive! You'll get your ribbon.

meaturama

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
A lot of players have mentioned this already, but the system only counts games since Honor launched so all players are on a fair playing field.

Regarding the 'rarity' of Honor, the system takes into account the current usage of Honor, so it's not impossible to get badges/ribbons. In fact, right now, we have double as many players with badges compared to at launch. Keep being positive! You'll get your ribbon.
Wouldn't you have zero players with badges and **** at launch? I don't get it.

Mirror

03-05-2013

Do you guys in any way monitor Honor "churn"? Has that informed how you adjust the rolling Honor average? I'd be interested to know what the rate is of people earning the rarer badges and then losing them, compared to - say, Honorable Opponent as the baseline.

MeisonAnd

GreenHocker

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaturama View Post
Wouldn't you have zero players with badges and **** at launch? I don't get it.
I think Lyte was talking about the first batch of people to achieve ribbons.

Now, for something completely different.....
I want my ribbon back you sonnofa-- !

Veppo

03-05-2013

Quote:

Regarding the 'rarity' of Honor, the system takes into account the current usage of Honor, so it's not impossible to get badges/ribbons. In fact, right now, we have double as many players with badges compared to at launch. Keep being positive! You'll get your ribbon.
Okay thats fine. But are you monitoring the total rarity of all ribbons given out? Because that could be very different for someone at level 5 than at level 30. I have a friend who just started playing and has a leadership badge at level 10. I have 4 times the amount of friendlies then he does but because people at his level seem to be more prone to give them out then mine means he has a badge and I don't.

Holynova

03-05-2013

Quote:

Lyte I had my honor ribbon but it went away why is that?

12345612 ... 21