Serious logical input, not just another rage thread.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ItsOnlyTheSmell

03-05-2013

I know, I know, all you see when you hop on to general discussion is raging and bull****, no one actually bringing up any logical points, such as "MY TEAM SUCKS I'M THE BEST".

Well, I don't want to just make another rage thread. Instead, I want to share my thoughts on Solo queue, and what I think is the problem here.

First off, if you are going to reply to this saying "Lol stupid Silver V noob your opinion is worthless" then you are about to prove my point exactly, so go ahead.

Second, I think the actual problem with solo queue is not the type of ELO system that exists, but the actual idea of having ELO based on your experience with 4 other players that, as much as you'd like to, you can't control. Ranked Teams is amazing. You work together with people that you want to work with and do your best to overcome the other team. League of Legends is a team game, not a solo game, I think everyone can agree on this. It's 5 vs 5, not 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 etc.. Why base your skill level off of 4 factors that you have no control over?

For example, in Starcraft 2, which I don't play but I'm using as an example, if you lose it's no one's fault except for yours. Who can be to blame in a 1 vs 1? In solo queue however, it is possible that it will be your fault, but that's only a 1 in 5 chance that it will be your fault, and a 4 in 5 chance that it will be someone else's fault. If you duo queue, it's now 2 in 5 and 3 in 5. Still not very good odds.

In summary, I just think that the entire idea of Solo Queue being an accurate representation of your personal skill level is illogical and inaccurate. If anyone wants to logically prove otherwise, I invite you to.

Thanks for listening fellow frustrated League players.

TL;DR: LoL is a 5v5 game, why is Solo Queue a representation of your skill level, and not Ranked Teams?

ItsOnlyTheSmell

03-05-2013

Bump anyone?

Voidgolem

03-05-2013

you forgot the trolling.

as in, all you see when you hop on GD is raging, bull****, and trolling.

just saying.

ItsOnlyTheSmell

03-05-2013

Yeah there's the trolling too. Good point.

ItsOnlyTheSmell

03-05-2013

Not only in GD, in game too. But that's another story in itself, I'm still sitting here waiting on why SoloQ is a valid representation of a player's skill level.

DatsaBootyHole

03-05-2013

That's something I've always wondered myself.

Why can't it be personal performance rather than how a random solo queue team performs together?

ItsOnlyTheSmell

03-05-2013

I swear there's someone who goes around and thumbs down posts on purpose to hide things people shouldn't see.

Darklightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2013

To a point this is accurate... but you control the outcome more than you would think, and the game seeks to match you up with people similar in skill to you. If in fact, the outcome is not controllable by an individual, why is it that certain individuals are always at the top, while others are always at the bottom? They clearly have a higher level of skill than the rest of us. - Someone still in Bronze.