Cannot Log In

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Septhor

03-04-2013

Hello,

Everytime I try and log in it goes through the same thing. It says authenticating, authentication successful, logging in and then it comes up with a connection error. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling three times now, I turned my firewall off. Nothing works.

If you have any idea what I can try to get this to work please let me know. I just want to play without needing to boot into Windows anymore.

Thank you.

sciyth

03-05-2013

If it's a connection error I doubt its the client. Check your firewall and make sure you allow league of legends.

I believe you can access it through system preferences -> security settings.

TheStronkMann

03-05-2013

I'm Having the same issue and it just started today. I played yesterday without any problems.

pavi132

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciyth View Post
If it's a connection error I doubt its the client. Check your firewall and make sure you allow league of legends.

I believe you can access it through system preferences -> security settings.

I've had the issue for a while. My firewall has been off.

sciyth

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi132 View Post
I've had the issue for a while. My firewall has been off.

Is it possible your internet service provider is blocking it? It's extremely rare but this has happened in the past. I doubt this is the case but I'm not sure what other programs could be causing connection issues.

pavi132

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciyth View Post
Is it possible your internet service provider is blocking it? It's extremely rare but this has happened in the past. I doubt this is the case but I'm not sure what other programs could be causing connection issues.
I don't believe so since it seemed to work fine from Bootcamp on the same connection. Admittedly, I haven't logged in from my windows client in quite a while but it's the same connection. As for this new Mac client, I was only able to play one game on the PBE before this problem started to occur. From the lack of red responses we are getting, especially since it seems Udyr has been answering other questions but nothing related to this, I think Riot is assuming this is caused by something on the players' ends.

Looking into this further, it seems like a lot of people with the Windows client are having the same issue, but it seems like a really sporadic problem. Still haven't seen anything about it from a Red besides the sticky post from 2011 in the help and support forums.

Septhor

03-06-2013

I know its not my firewall as it is turned off. The Windows client is connecting just fine. I'm not sure what to try. Anything would be helpful.

jsweetism

03-06-2013

i am having the same issue. My windows client works fine on the same internet that i run on my laptop. But when i try to play on my mac it says connection error. I turned off my firewall. I also allowed the client access. Nothing works

pavi132

03-07-2013

Yeah anyone figure out a fix for this yet? Apparently this is an extremely widespread issue but, for some reason, no one at Riot is acknowledging it at all. I guess we are on our own on this one. I just uninstalled for now. Hopefully someone finds out why this is happening.

HowardFinestein

03-07-2013

same thing with me. the windows side works fine. i was able to log in once after turning my firewall on and allowing LoL, but it only worked once. I was very excited for the mac client, because shutting down to go to bootcamp is a pain.