I think BORK is in a good spot, I just think it should cost more...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pro Anïvïa

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xiDIzE View Post
Wouldn't BoTRK be fine if you just dropped one of the daggers from the recipe, dropped it down to 20% AS, and kept the cost the same? Doesn't seem like the changes need to be extreme to balance it.
i think thats the opposite direction that they want to take it

Jordian

03-04-2013

Do you mind talking about Udyr for a second Xypherous? You said you intended the new BORK to help Udyr, Irelia and afew other bruiser/assassins w/e out and yet we know Udyr is in a weak place at the moment and the only place he is played atm is top lane since aoe jungle is dead. That also forces him to go Tiger Stance instead of Pheonix. Pheonix stance relies on attack speed and building cdr tank similar to Skarner, but Since Tiger is the only option attack speed really is not so great on him anymore.. By nerfing the attack dmg of this item even more I'm not sure I would even buy it. But the active is more of the reason I buy it.

In short Tiger Udyr needs attack damage not attack speed (not that bad, but not worth getting) Please don't nerf the damage even more...

Lunfardo

03-04-2013

This item has a flaw in its building path, it a too attractive for most roles (junglers,tops,adcs, dam even supports)

Faptain Teemo

03-04-2013

Xy.... this is a fun item. It's FotW....It's only been a week. Give people time instead of hotfixing. You should see there are some of us who find BotRK counterable, while also seeing the obvious problems of an ADC sacrificing an item slot that could have gone to crit/MS/pen/defense.

TurtleOSP

03-04-2013

I got a couple questions!

Why did the changes happen? As a long time builder I found the old Bork to be more then enough to warrant being built. The changes seemed very random IMO.

You mention tanky AS champions being dropped a little. Don't you feel that a health + AS item would warrant better results? Most AS champions were usually junglers abusing cheap wits end and wriggles to give enough defensive stats and enough damage when combined with their kits to keep up. Bork doesn't seem to cater to this crowd anymore so then other champions.

I loved pre-buff Bork and found that it could turn champions into monsters if used right, but now I fear that it's going to get nerfed not back to its previous state but some crippled version meant for ADCs...

Mestergrog

03-04-2013

Xypherous, you mentioned the freedom to counter or not counter; and I wholeheartedly agree with this; it's what keeps items diverse. So, have any other underused items been looked at lately?
Some are new items like Zephyr, and Runaan's Hurricane (which imo is too costly for only giving one major stat and thus doesn't work well in a build).
Others are older items, like BV, Wit's End, and Frozen Mallet (more specifically Phage got nerfed hard in S3, I rarely see it). Don't some of these items deserve some small buffs to bring them back into viability after the many nerfs of Season 3?

Fisherman Fizz

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphazonex View Post
So yeah, any love planned for on hit builds? They were a blast to use on champions like Teemo, Fizz, TF, Diana, etc. But now it feels like its in a rough spot.
I think part of the problem now is going to be balancing the items without them becoming broken when combined with Hurricane, which I don't like because a lot of on-hit champions can't use it. Lulu, Fizz, somewhat Kayle, Diana all make poor (or absolutely no) use of it compared to, say, Teemo. I feel like Teemo + Hurricane is going to become a huge problem for balancing on-hit items just like Ryze + his scaling is always a problem for items that give mana.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

03-04-2013
23 of 30 Riot Posts

Quote:
Who thought it was OK to give ADs a burst nuke/slow/speed-up and % damage..
I generally find that adding more ways for players to distinguish themselves through clever use of actives or well-timed abilities to be a great way of adding skill to our game without necessarily making the game unclear or complicated.

Especially when those actives have long cooldowns.

I could be wrong though.

LeVentNoir

03-04-2013

I don't use the active. At max AS, 100% crits, I deal 700+ damage per shot. (after armour reductions) 15% of 3000 is only 450, before armour. 15% of 5000 is still small compared to a single AA.

Also, MR is pretty much useless atm. You have to build a horde of it, or go without.

But on topic. BotRK should be a ADC focused item, while Armour Pen items should be stacked on bruisers. Tanks should beat ADC who beat Bruisers who beat Tanks.

Except ADC's can't hurt anyone without BotRK, and Bruisers and Tanks are indistinguishable.

Freudia

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
because their damage simply wasn't scaling into the late game at all. Xin Zhao. Kayle. Vi. Jarvan. Renekton. Etc.
I've always thought this was intended, in that I've always perceived bruisers to be at their strongest in the midgame, and then fall off come lategame. Why were the developers trying to make bruisers scale into lategame at all?