Can syndra get a small QOL buff? Her orbs disappear on death

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

03-03-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBuzzJack View Post
Meddler, why did you choose to let Syndra's spells to continue casting after death? Because I know this behavior is not consistent across all champions and designers usually have reasons for doing it.
The intended behavior is that, if Syndra has finished casting the spell, the spheres will continue to move as per projectiles on other characters spells (e.g. Trueshot Barrage doesn't vanish when Ezreal dies). If she dies before the cast time (the period in which she's unable to perform any other actions) has finished however the spell will not complete.

DrBarber101

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBuzzJack View Post
Meddler, why did you choose to let Syndra's spells to continue casting after death? Because I know this behavior is not consistent across all champions and designers usually have reasons for doing it.
Sivir, Corki, Veigar, Shaco, Anivia, Ziggs, Draven,Olaf, Zyra, Gangplank etc. etc. etc.
Nearly every champion in the game has some type of ability that continues post-death and can kill the enemy. It isn't fair that Syndra can't do the same as well with her orbs, they should be able to complete their animation and deal the damage that was meant to be done, in my opinion.

That's like making Sivir's boomerang dissapear after she dies, or Zyra's plants to die with her, Olaf's axes goes poof in mid-air, Dravens axes that don't get victims, Anivia's Q not do any damage, or Shaco's clone dying upon his death.

[Edit] Dangit, shen'd by a red! XD On a good note, posting under a red.

Mirror

03-03-2013

@Meddler, I've always wondered (and I hope this isn't offensive) how you and other champion designers measure "success." For example (and again, with many e-hugs), none of your champions have really taken off, at launch or afterwards, in terms of play rate. Even in terms of just cultivating a small segment of players who really love a champion's vibe or personality, the closest there is probably Ziggs.

Does that inspire you to try different things? Is it discouraging? Does it matter to you?

Nuts for MASH

03-03-2013

Right after heimer gets persistent/after death turrets

SteelerKing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaser676 View Post
This includes orbs that are being thrown with E. So, even though the spell is being cast and the animation has gone off, the person will not be stunned or damaged.

Edit. ^This is what is currently happening, it needs to be changed so that the spells actually finishes
Don't forget Ziggs. His AA bombs disappear in flight as well when he dies.

Edit: lol the coincidence a Red with ziggs avatar above.

FrontlinerDelta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerKing View Post
Don't forget Ziggs. His AA bombs disappear in flight as well when he dies.

Edit: lol the coincidence a Red with ziggs avatar above.
He designed Ziggs too.

Espurr677

03-03-2013

morganas soil stays after death y cant syndras

ltachi

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metronomotopoeia View Post
none of your champions have really taken off
Elise, my favorite champion at the moment :3

kronos368

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr1stalWraith View Post
It isn't QOL, it'd be an outright buff.
It's not a buff. It's a fix. Every champion should have their spells finish casting/deal the damage they're supposed to after the casting champion has died. Malzahar's Null Zone for example, at times, after it's been cast and Malzahar dies, it deals no damage. The same thing has happened to me when playing as Morgana with her Tormented Soil.

idiotness

03-04-2013

Speaking of QoL changes, can you change the animation of Syndra's balls (the ones that orbit around her) when her ult is level 3? I understand thematically what you're trying to achieve, but I always look at her and think I'm lagging.