iBlitzcrank isn't fair

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrayonPop ChoA

03-03-2013

Blitz buff op

Bu773rd0g

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2013

This has got to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever read in a League topic. The fact that Zenon gives it credence just solidifies that it's silly.

Kyryck

03-03-2013

This entire thread can be summed up as people who are the habitual complainers of "lag" for their deaths. Now they have something else to claim! "That skin makes his/her/its abilities hard to see! That's why I died! Not because I didn't know where Blitz was because I wasn't warding or keeping track! I would have dodged the pull if only it was a yellow fist instead of a white one, and the extend-o arm line would have totally let me dodge the pull but they took that out, so Riot is at fault for all my deaths to Blitz and not me!!!"

Christ. At least when I do poorly in a game, and that's damned often, I am willing to look at what I did wrong and try to correct it. The people whining in this thread are somehow convinced that if Riot changes the colors and sounds of skill shots hitting them that they'll magically become more proficient at dodging them. Then, of course, when they aren't, they'll claim that the skillshot is going faster (already seen just above), that it's hitting harder, that it's got a bigger hitbox, blah blah blah.

If you are getting caught by iBlitz's pull it's not because it's hard to see. It's not because his fist is white instead of yellow, or because he doesn't have a line trailing from the fist flying at you. It's because you were unaware of his presence or got outplayed and outmaneuvered by the Blitz player. You're not somehow going to tap into mystical reserves of skill because Riot changes a fist to yellow from white or keeps a particular sound when it fires over the new sound. You're going to get caught just the same, because it is YOU at fault here and not the skin somehow making you worse than you normally are.

Welcome to reality, where we're all (but for a few exceptional percentages of the population) all essentially normal people that make lots of mistakes while playing this game. Get used to that reality and stop trying to find things to blame your mistakes and deaths in the game on and you'll be a whole lot more content.

ZetsubouFallen

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenonTheStoic View Post
Hey guys! We take this kind of thing very seriously. I've had a quick look at it in customs games and it looks like the blue trail that comes from the hand might be a little bit too easy to lose. It fulfils the same function as the wire in the baseline skin.

I'll have someone from skins look at it on Monday. Thanks for the report!
How about if you fix that thing has longer range than blitzcrank normal pull..

IE: PFEzreal had the same "bug".

Kixem

03-03-2013

agreed

Silvaticus08

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyryck View Post
Then, of course, when they aren't, they'll claim that the skillshot is going faster (already seen just above), that it's hitting harder, that it's got a bigger hitbox, blah blah blah.

If you are getting caught by iBlitz's pull it's not because it's hard to see. It's not because his fist is white instead of yellow,... It's because you were unaware of his presence or got outplayed and outmaneuvered by the Blitz player. You're not somehow going to tap into mystical reserves of skill because Riot changes a fist to yellow from white or keeps a particular sound when it fires over the new sound. You're going to get caught just the same, because it is YOU at fault here and not the skin somehow making you worse than you normally are.
I'm not claiming the hook is going any faster. What I said is that in the video it does appear to land first and then the auto goes off on regular blitz first (which would lead me to believe that his ability was used first.) These were still from a side by side video, so from what was presented in the video it does seem that the hook is faster, but I don't have the skin to run tests my self, nor the time to log onto PBE and examine it. Even if it does land quicker, it only appears to be a split second, so that really doesn't make much of a difference.

However, I do feel there is a valid point in visual and audio cues. Yes, most times you can avoid getting hooked by playing smart, but the situations I'm thinking of are random hooks coming out of bushes or across walls, or in the middle of a team fight. I'm not even arguing about the ability to dodge these by simply running, but by flashes and spell shields. Reaction times really matter here, and if those reactions are slowed down by either difficult animation or unfamiliarity with what it looks like in that form, then that's reasonable to discuss.

I haven't played against the iBlitz skin; all I'm saying is that you can't straight out call B.S. on these things. Especially as this is unique to a few skins from what I can see. I haven't seen (granted I haven't searched for) people complaining about Battleprime Cho'Gath's skin, and I think it's clear why and what the differences are. TBH the first skin I noticed some of these problems with was Blackthorn Morgana (noting that Bandit Sivir was more a glitch than anything.) But these are mostly things you get used to by playing against them.

WILL SMlTH

03-03-2013

this is why you ban him.

Minor Fifth

03-03-2013

This is kind of silly. I find it more obvious as it's a giant flashy thing. Regardless, people will just make excuses for getting Blitz grabbed (or Lux Q'e, or w/e).

SamsonOfSpite

03-03-2013

I played against an Iblitz almost every single game during the release day. I absolutely felt incredible changes in play that feel like an advantage. I experienced a game where the blitz actually hooked while still MOVING. I think that the delay on use of the hook may have been taken away which is why he was still moving. Also the animation seems much faster, I could be mistaken but this is what I felt playing against and with it on my team as well. Also I believe it may have the similar bug that PFE had where the particle is going too far. I watched a very obviously missed pull connect while the particle had already ended. I think riot should take a very serious look at this skin.

WhoIsSteve

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvaticus08 View Post
I think that the point is that the yellow fist is naturally easier to see coming. Think of it this way, if you see the yellow hook coming out of a random bush, you're more likely to have your "oh ****" reflex kick in and flash dodge than this odd white hook... until you get that same "oh ****" reflex built in, but the yellow is still more visibly noticeable..
You're still saying that it's because the summoner isn't being mindful of their situation and who they are up against. It's the same as doing a greedy tower dive and failing because it turned out the enemy took heal and you didn't keep that in mind. Saying the contrast is different can be an argument, but again, is rather weak being that both fists are dark shades of light colors and they both have a bright glow at the base.

Blitz still readily shows when he's about to pull, which is the best time to dodge if you are in a bad position. Assuming you have vision on him.

As for iBlitz seemingly pulling sooner (*in the video), they aren't in the absolute exact same position, and a fast moving projectile such as blitz's pull can easily exacerbate perceived differences derived from human eyes in such a scenario.

As for arguments being that it is on computers with low settings, as someone who uses low character and effects settings. I'm not seeing it.

Edit: *