Raid Boss (Game Mode)

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Obsidion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2013

Hi, and welcome to "Raid Boss".

Raid boss is a game mode me and my friends have been playing for about 8 months now. With the new season 3 items I thought I would let you guys know how much better raid boss has gotten.

Reasons to play Raid Boss :

1) You have 6 friends and do not want to play 3v3.
2) You want to play league with a twist.
3) Raid Boss is fun.

What is Raid Boss :

Raid Boss is a custom game mode I made and I play it a few times a month with my friends. The goal of Raid Boss is to gather 5 champions to defeat a single champion.

How to play Raid Boss:

1) Host custom game blind pick game on Summoners Rift.
2) Have 1 person join purple side and 5 on blue team.
3) The Raiders (blue team) must all insta lock random (this takes trust in your friends not to cheat.).
4) The Raid Boss selects any champion he wants.
5) The Raiders can never go base to buy unless killed. If you suicide, or die by tower on accident you are not allowed to buy until the boss kills you. So just head back to lane and fight on.
6) The Raid Boss can back to base any time, and buy any time. But he must pick his time to back other wise he will lose towers.
7) No farming other lanes or jungling. Also the Raiders are not allowed to go out of lane no matter what. For instance in mid lane you cannot enter or go past the bushes on the sides even if the raid boss is walking up to kill you.
8) If you are a Raider, you must try to stay in experience range at all times. So that exp is shared and not just put on 1 raider.
9) First to kill enemy nexus wins.

That is basically Raid boss guys, but here are some final notes on banned champions, items, tips and advice.

Almost no champions are banned except Heimer. We never really played with him, but we assume leaving turrets to defend while you back would be op, as well as healing towers.

Banned items used to be GA, but we are thinking of letting that one back in. (Anyone that plays this give feedback on how to make it better and more consistent.

The point of Raid Boss is to make it as unfair as possible for the Raiders. Do not get discouraged as a Raider when the Raid Boss starts slaughtering your raid group. Last night I went 73/3 as Raid Boss with 3 penta's. It was the best I have ever done as Raid Boss, and I still managed to lose. Barely but I still lost (fu ashe arrow).

If you are losing as Raid Boss, don't worry. You normally lose 2 towers before you start being able to fight back against the Raid Group. And remember sh*t happens, we have 7 min games often against un-experienced Raid Bosses. Keep trying new Raid Bosses til you find one that works well. I have never won a Raid Boss as the Raid Boss, and only 2 times in 8 months (about 75 raid boss games) has the Raid Boss won. So, Raiders and Bosses shouldn't get discouraged. The longer the game goes the better the Raiders will do.

Tips:

As Raid Boss :
Don't try to go for the kills to hard, they can't back and normally won't have a healer.
Once they get to inhibitor tower you need to be fast on your feet, with the home guard boots now available this makes defending easier but it's still a pain.
Don't push out from inhibitor tower recklessly.
Try to farm kills, and complete items before you make a push back at the Raiders.
9/10 games as Raid Boss you won't ever be able to take a single tower.
There usually will come a point where you can push back out, and if you feel daring keep the push going.
Teleport is highly suggested, as well as flash, revive, ghost, barrier, or heal.

As Raiders:
Dying sucks, but it is inevitable.
Pressure towers as fast as you can, the quicker you get to the inhib tower the better your chances.
Do as much damage as you can to inhib tower, once you get it down you can start fighting the raid boss directly.
Taking clarity and heal helps maintain the raiders push power. But an exhaust and ignite are usually necessary.
After level 6 even the strongest raid boss is subject to death. 4 level 6's can kill a level 18 champ fairly easy.

Picking a Raid Boss tips:

Ap Raid Bosses usually have a better time surviving the fight to the inhib tower. While having a very strong mid game. However later on they can be countered by Raiders items easier.

Ad Raid Bosses are very strong mid and late game. But might lost inhib tower too fast and after raiders hit 6 it might be to easy to get cc'd to death.

Tank Raid Bosses sound great, but they lack a lot of steam to get the ball rolling. Remember once you lose that inhib tower it is basically GG.

Raid Bosses I use:

Lux, Nunu, Caitlyn, Gragas, Graves, Orianna, and I used to use Master Yi. But there are lots of viable Bosses.

Final comments:

Depending on how good the raid boss is doing, the game can go for quite a while. This is a rule you can keep or improve or change. When minions get to the Raiders or Raid Boss's side inhibs they can kill them to push them back out. While trying to leave enough minions to make it even. Sometimes we do this and sometimes we don't. The bad thing about it is that if you are a raider and you go to clear a side lane you are going to get a lot of gold and experience that you shouldn't other wise have.
If riot made it so we could turn off minions on side lanes this would make playing so much better. :P

Remember, since the Raiders are always random luck can determine how easy a time the Raid Boss or Raiders are going to have. So play more than one game, and try new strategies.

I may have left somethings out, if you guys have any questions or comments feel free to leave them here, I'll awnser everything.

EDIT:

Also me and my friends limit 1 exhaust and 1 ignite to the raiders.

rumples

03-03-2013

I would probably be a ***** and pick teemo as the boss

Obsidion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2013

Teemo is a bit harder to raid boss with just because he is so squishy.

Vanlash

03-03-2013

Lol, this is kinda cool. My friends will try this later tonight. Thx man!

Obsidion

03-03-2013

Let me know what you guys think

Alumenlux

03-03-2013

Sounds fun. Maybe you should do this on Proving Grounds about the side minions thing.

From reading it, seems to me like it would be really hard for the boss to win lol.

Sythine

03-03-2013

I've done 2v1's against friends, they random I pick my champ. I did Ryze and won pretty well, I did lose two towers but then I proceeded to wreck. Would Ryze be OP in this mode? I assume that he would be once he gets rolling xD

(Also I love the idea and am willing to try and get my friends together to try it out, although any tips on how to make the first experience the best one? Because that'll leave a good impression and get them to play it more xD )

Zamíel

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumenlux View Post
Sounds fun. Maybe you should do this on Proving Grounds about the side minions thing.

From reading it, seems to me like it would be really hard for the boss to win lol.
I assume you don't want to do it on PG because then the 5 players would catch up to the raid boss to quickly with the increased gold and ambient experience.

Alumenlux

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamel View Post
I assume you don't want to do it on PG because then the 5 players would catch up to the raid boss to quickly with the increased gold and ambient experience.
Good point

Obsidion

03-03-2013

Sorry, I forgot to mention proving grounds. This does NOT work on proving grounds.

12345 ... 7