iBlitzcrank isn't fair

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hitmandead

03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenonTheStoic View Post
Hey guys! We take this kind of thing very seriously. I've had a quick look at it in customs games and it looks like the blue trail that comes from the hand might be a little bit too easy to lose. It fulfils the same function as the wire in the baseline skin.

I'll have someone from skins look at it on Monday. Thanks for the report!
yay

amoenotep

03-02-2013

it was complained about in PBE since it got released there..it was god grabbing you with no chance to get away. i remember them saying they were going to up the particles to make it easier to be seen, didn't happen.

BlGFISH

03-02-2013

I think Sivir's Q falls into this category.
Sometimes it is completely invisible (to me at least) and is impossible to see and you just lose random health.

hitmandead

03-03-2013

p.s did they fix steel legion lux yet?

WhoIsSteve

03-03-2013

Really? The difference is beyond negligible. It's non-existent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l-xb91Lggg

The argument is that you don't see a wire? Really? If you're waiting for the wire to dodge a good blitz has the pull already. You've all imagined a problem. Saying this is pay to win is ludicrous.

Kyryck

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsSteve View Post

The argument is that you don't see a wire? Really? If you're waiting for the wire to dodge a good blitz has the pull already. You've all imagined a problem. Saying this is pay to win is ludicrous.
THANK YOU!

All these people *****ing about this is beyond ludicrous. The fact that there's no wire attached to the first and instead of a blue energy trail is meaningless to whether or not you can dodge it. As said here, if you're counting on seeing the Inspector Gadget extend-o arm part to dodge his fist, then you're caught already.

And if you honestly can't see a giant white claw flying at you.....get glasses or start paying attention to the game more or something. Seriously.

If you people are playing against a Blitz and you aren't continually aware of where he is and when a pull is most likely to come, you're doing it entirely wrong.

I sincerely hope that Riot looks at this skin and then proclaims that each and every complaint is entirely unwarranted and that you people need to stop whining just because you're losing to Blitz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo18 View Post
@Riot
There are several aspects that make the hooks harder to dodge.

1. iBlitz doesn't make hardly any noise when he starts the cast animation.
2. iBlitz doesn't change much during the cast animation, like regular blitz does.
3. The hook is more round, making the hitbox harder to make out.
4. The hook isn't chained to blitz

That's in an order of importance.
Riot, are you actually reading this rubbish? This guy plays the game like Stevie Wonder apparently. His issue isn't entirely with the sight, it's the fact that Blitz doesn't sound right, or hardly at all, to his bat-like aural senses and that's why he's getting caught by him. Here we have a perfect example of the whine in this thread.

1. He doesn't make any noise starting the animation? So your main issue isn't that the first is hard to see, it's that its difficult to hear?!?!? Riot, are you watching this thread and seeing this nonsense? This is already close to spiraling out of control. Now people are *****ing about Steel Legion Lux and others, claiming that THEIR animations are hard to see. Are you seeing a pattern here Riot? Somebody was actually complaining about Sivir a few pages back. SIVIR! The lady throwing a giant god damned frisbee around! Post about how ridiculous this is immediately and stop all these people from this nonsense. They're complaining because they're getting caught and aren't willing to admit that they're losing because of THEM. It's the D-K effect put into frightening practice, because it's going to potentially affect all the other people in the game.

2. Blitz stops during his animation. That's the 'change' that happens to him. That's all. He stops moving. So does iBlitz. Christ.

3. You're judging his hitbox based on how round his fist is? HUH?!?!

4. This dumb complaint again. Like the wire on the arm is going to make it easier for you to dodge.

God Riot, I'm going to seriously lose all faith in you guys if you actually claim to find merit in any of these whines. Watching it happen is like realizing you live in a madhouse.

Silvaticus08

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oconnomo View Post
Thank you much! Can you take a look at Steel Legion Lux? Her spell particles are quite difficult to see .
I think the regular Lux particles are hard to see on lucent singularity, which was very confusing when I didn't realize that it was an update to the particles. I thought my client was bugged and I was only seeing one layer of the animation or something. But Steel Legion Lux's light binding is definitely more difficult to dodge until you get used to it.

Str3SSed

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenonTheStoic View Post
Hey guys! We take this kind of thing very seriously. I've had a quick look at it in customs games and it looks like the blue trail that comes from the hand might be a little bit too easy to lose. It fulfils the same function as the wire in the baseline skin.

I'll have someone from skins look at it on Monday. Thanks for the report!
Now go fix ur garbage lux skin

Silvaticus08

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyryck View Post
THANK YOU!

And if you honestly can't see a giant white claw flying at you.....get glasses or start paying attention to the game more or something. Seriously.

If you people are playing against a Blitz and you aren't continually aware of where he is and when a pull is most likely to come, you're doing it entirely wrong.
I think that the point is that the yellow fist is naturally easier to see coming. Think of it this way, if you see the yellow hook coming out of a random bush, you're more likely to have your "oh ****" reflex kick in and flash dodge than this odd white hook... until you get that same "oh ****" reflex built in, but the yellow is still more visibly noticeable.

Quote:
1. He doesn't make any noise starting the animation? So your main issue isn't that the first is hard to see, it's that its difficult to hear?!?!?
The noise is very important to me, and honestly, the subtle cues in animation and noise are one of the things I love Riot for.

When I hear Annie giggle, I know it's time to back off without having to keep a constant count in my head of her spells or watch her constantly to see if her stun animation is up.

Just like when I hear a Blitz hook go off my fingers immediately go to my flash or spell shield or whatever is appropriate, even if the hook isn't coming for me. I know in my head where he is (hopefully) but the sound cue tells me, "hey, look back at Blitz. He's doing stuff." Rather than maybe a J4 or someone else you also have to keep track of (everyone.)

I know I at least personally have trouble playing without sound.

Quote:
Somebody was actually complaining about Sivir a few pages back. SIVIR! The lady throwing a giant god damned frisbee around!
There was a common glitch in the Bandit Sivir skin that made her Q completely invisible... not hard to see, but invisible. So that to me would be a legitimate complaint.

TL;DR Riot balances the game around competitive play, so any part of a skin that can be legitimately accused of affecting gameplay is a major concern.

Silvaticus08

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsSteve View Post

After playing it back a ton of times and pausing a lot, it actually appears that the iBlitz grab lands first, but the auto attack after lands at about the same time. I was comparing when the animation appears to land, and when the damage goes off. It seems like the pull gets there quicker with iBlitz, the enemy is reeled in at about the same time, and then the regular blitz gets the first auto attack off. I've attached stills from the video.