@ Riot Lyte: Honor system needs to be tweaked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

03-02-2013
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaKettleTempest View Post
This is kind of what I was getting at by tweaking the system. The definition of normal usage has changed, and it seems like at the rate people give honor now, being positive in all your games is no longer enough to earn a ribbon. You have to do something to remind people to honor, which is dangerously close to just asking for honor. If I honor someone else sometimes I tell them in the chat that I am doing it, and usually they will honor back just because you reminded them the system exists. But that doesn't feel right
To be fair, we tweaked the settings to match normal usage, so it's not harder to get badges now--it's easier. We have maybe double to triple the number of people who have Great Teammate compared to launch, for example.

TeaKettleTempest

03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
To be fair, we tweaked the settings to match normal usage, so it's not harder to get badges now--it's easier. We have maybe double to triple the number of people who have Great Teammate compared to launch, for example.
Hm, I didn't know that. I guess I'll just have to keep being a good teammate and hope it comes my way

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

03-02-2013
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaKettleTempest View Post
Hm, I didn't know that. I guess I'll just have to keep being a good teammate and hope it comes my way
I think if you continue getting 1 Honor every few games, it's just a matter of time.

Stexe

Adjudicator

03-02-2013

Quote:
I just find it weird that you can lose badges without any warning and seemingly without reason. I had the Yellow Leadership crest, then got the Green Teamwork crest, only to lose Yellow 1 game later. I assume it was because I went from playing co-op games where I was helping new players to normal / ranked where everyone is 30 and no one gives "Helpful" ...

Just seems like unfair and feels crappy to lose a crest when you're still getting a ton of honor and being a helpful asset to the community.

Also, does playing custom games like ARAM (where you can't get honor) count against you? It seemed like I played a lot of ARAM between my Yellow and Green and then lost my Yellow right after getting Green.

MysteltainSensei

03-02-2013

Quote:
I think if you continue getting 1 Honor every few games, it's just a matter of time.
1 honor ever few games? i think people are lucky to even get 1honor in every 10 games...

Flibuxx

03-02-2013

friendly: 36 helpful:23 teamwork:213 honorable opponent:68. Still no ribbons and lets say i get at least one honor every 2 games. Its not that i want the ribbon ( i think ribbons does not make someone a better player) but my friend has 13 honorable opponent votes and he already has the ribbon.

Jolty

03-02-2013

Hi Lyte. I was wondering if the system takes into consideration those of us who enjoy playing with our friends in premade teams? I say this because it often mean there are only 1 or 2 other players (or even none) on the team, who may or may not give honor. Since receiving honor from the same people gives it less value, it would seem that those who play with friends are at a disadvantage in that respect. While I am not particularly concerned if I do lose my ribbon for playing with friends, it would still be a little bit of a disappointment. Not that it'd affect the way I act in game at all.

Derpmaciaa

03-02-2013

@Lyte I think you should find a way to apply the honor system and make it more useful.

For example, in matchmaking 5v5, put 5 players that have about the same honor score against 5 other that have roughly the same honor score. It's usually the team that rages less and works well together that usually dominates the other one that might have the troll/rager/downer gg/ etc.. It's really frustrating to be matched with the people with the crappy attitude/immature kids while the other team might get a team that mostly has relax/mature people.

It would fine tune matchmaking and make it more balanced in terms of the outcome of the game.

Derpmaciaa

03-02-2013

Bump for Lyte justice.

Daedelous

03-02-2013

Quote:
What about spikes of honor, like +4 Teamwork (a rare I got on my main EUW account), does that affect it more so because it was a large ammount in one go?