Isn't Rengar a little bit too weak?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hartreck

03-02-2013

Play him as an assassin and buy sword of the divine...

ProPecker

03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
I think it's a valid complaint that his jungling is on the weak side. He lacks super hard ganks and even Dekar has a rough time jungling with him.

Do you think thats because the jungling role doesn't give him the opportunity to snowball the way toplane does - or is it something else like his slow initial clear speed?

Well, he was intended as a jungler, and he is one of the weakest junglers.

1 + 1 should not = 3

Bouncing Beauty

03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPecker View Post

1 + 1 should not = 3
But machete is recommended on him...

NotBuzzJack

03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPecker View Post

1 + 1 should not = 3
It's kind of ironic that a guy who can take on Kha'zix gets his butt kicked by red buff.

chide da jungler

03-02-2013

Quote:
I think it's a valid complaint that his jungling is on the weak side. He lacks super hard ganks and even Dekar has a rough time jungling with him.

Do you think thats because the jungling role doesn't give him the opportunity to snowball the way toplane does - or is it something else like his slow initial clear speed?
It's because he is so weak early levels and very item dependant. laning lets him build ferocity easily without taking a bunch of damage, but the new jungle beats him so bad that ganking is likely to get him killed.

If W passively reduced damage from neutral monsters he would instantly be viable in the jungle without doing anything to lane.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

03-02-2013
4 of 16 Riot Posts

If anyone would like to play a game, I'll accept the first invite and go Rengar top. Then you guys can post screenshots when I feed embarassingly.

Edit: Game accepted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan4life View Post
It's because he is so weak early levels and very item dependant. laning lets him build ferocity easily without taking a bunch of damage, but the new jungle beats him so bad that ganking is likely to get him killed.

If W passively reduced damage from neutral monsters he would instantly be viable in the jungle without doing anything to lane.
I think you've nailed it. This makes a lot of sense.

Bullettime7

03-02-2013

Quote:

His slow and fairly brutal clear speed is the main issue. This lack of hard ganks wouldn't be as bad if he were able to at least clear safer and a bit faster.

The nerfs to his W really hurt him in that regard. Rengar still has great potential when played in the top lane due to the higher income but it's a lot of risk for little reward when playing him in the jungle as he becomes more dependent on snowballing (almost like Shaco) than he is in the top lane.

ProPecker

03-02-2013

Quote:
If anyone would like to play a game, I'll accept the first invite and go Rengar top. Then you guys can post screenshots when I feed embarassingly.

I win We playing in normals.

Rocking AD trynd with revive and TP, ill get a bunch of SS

Hollywood Cool

03-02-2013

Quote:
If you get the first kill, he's incredibly strong.
Dude I played a game where I not only got the first kill but the first TWO kills, bought Brutalizer on the very first back, and built damage oriented and was only keeping up with my team. He is no longer as strong as he used to be, and there has been a staff member who has stated Rengar is in a bad place. He is very underpowered. No, his sustain is not free, you have to spend abilities on moderate-to-high cooldowns five times in order to get that health sustain, and while that is in the bag he has the lowest health in the league. Heck, the heal isn't that good. You used to be able to build health to bulk it up but riot took that one away too.
He falls of incredibly hard mid to late game, and the game almost literally becomes a 4v5 when it gets to be that long.
Rengar's champion spotlight suggests to build him with a split between durability and damage, marking him a bruiser with tons of damage. However, now he cannot build tanky without sacrificing that needed damage to stay relevant, and if he builds damage he will get melted harder than a Kayle E on an ice cream cone before he can even use his combo. In short, he cannot do what he was designed to do at this point and time. Please don't try and deny what was already confirmed by other Riot Staff: Rengar is underpowered. I understand he's hard to balance, but he needs attention because while Kha'Zix runs rampant and powerful his arch rival is as intimidating as Tigger.

shufti

03-02-2013

Quote:

I know this is off-topic, but Xelnath, please consider buffing some of the champions that are actually lacking instead of Rengar, like Shyvana. She is really weak right now in the one role she can play, the jungle.