Isn't Rengar a little bit too weak?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rôper

03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
If you get the first kill, he's incredibly strong.
10/10 clever troll

Macguffin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stray Logos View Post
I said this before and I'll say it again, you cannot be an assassin AND a bruiser, because that leads to imbalance. Look at Irelia... how many times has she been nerfed yet she is still a great champion. Kits like Rengar's have everything you could possibly want on a bruiser, and an assassin. He has an on demand slow/snare, massive burst damage (considering it is only on one skill), a self heal, stealth for repositioning/ganking, and a self buff that makes him harder to take down. A Rengar that follows the current tanky/dps build can pump out just as much damage as other champions while being equally hard to kill.
This is one of the main problems. He's just horribly designed. For all the count of disliking binary play styles, riot gave a single champion 2 aa reset nukes with ridiculous damage.

I'm a HUGE Rengar fan, and since day one, even through his most OP'ness I've wanted them to go back an remake him because the way his kit works right now is literally all the worst parts of design put together.

Anymeese

03-02-2013

he got nerfed into oblivion and is terrible now...

just my opinion

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-02-2013
2 of 16 Riot Posts

*deep breath*

Rengar, when winning, is extremely hard to deal with. He has free sustain, tons of damage and ton of survivability. I speak as a rengar top player that he's incredibly snowbally, much like classic riven. I say "when he gets the first kill" because he has the toolkit early game to do just that easily.

I find him viable top and I have a lot of fun playing him in that role. I win most of games when my jungler gets me the first kill. I lose games when I get bullied out.

Could he use some love? Perhaps. However, as a Rengar player, I find him fun, ambushy and super risky. Adding too much baseline power only would make him incredibly frustrating.

Fire Lord Iroh

03-02-2013

Quote:
*deep breath*

Rengar, when winning, is extremely hard to deal with. He has free sustain, tons of damage and ton of survivability. I speak as a rengar top player that he's incredibly snowbally, much like classic riven.

I find him viable top and I have a lot of fun playing him in that role. I win most of games when my jungler gets me the first kill. I lose games when I get bullied out.

Could he use some love? Perhaps. However, as a Rengar player, I find him fun, ambushy and super risky. Adding too much baseline power only would make him incredibly frustrating.
Not every player is Dekar173. Also you'll notice that when he falls behind, it's hard to catch up. You can even see this on his stream. There are ways to rework him to make him more available to players in general and make him less annoying to deal with as a whole.

LastTestament

03-02-2013

Quote:
*deep breath*

Rengar, when winning, is extremely hard to deal with. He has free sustain, tons of damage and ton of survivability. I speak as a rengar top player that he's incredibly snowbally, much like classic riven.

If sejuani gets first blood, tons of farm and other things then she can be strong too. Reggae needed some nerfs as he was THE Jungle and needed no items but neck to dominate but now he's subpar in his best and most fun role. I see that as an issue.

Holy Malevolence

03-02-2013

Quote:
Rengar, when winning, is extremely hard to deal with.
Oh really?
I had no idea!

M0ngo Like Candy

03-02-2013

Quote:
If you get the first kill, he's incredibly strong.
Typical Riot post...

Cats N Pajamas

03-02-2013

Quote:
*deep breath*

Rengar, when winning, is extremely hard to deal with. He has free sustain, tons of damage and ton of survivability. I speak as a rengar top player that he's incredibly snowbally, much like classic riven. I say "when he gets the first kill" because he has the toolkit early game to do just that easily.

I think what Xen is trying to say is that he just takes a little practice and skill to play almost like Zed. Rengar seems high risk high reward. Buffs? None needed

M0ngo Like Candy

03-02-2013

Quote:
*deep breath*

Reduce the delay on his stealth and he might be decent.