Xelnath! A PLEA to reconsider the 200 HP Ticks! Begging for a response!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Moist Crevice

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
After some discussion with Brackhar, he felt comfortable allowing players to modify the contents of the GeneralCharacterData.ini file, if you are sufficiently technically capable of doing so.

So while this won't be officially supported, you won't be banned if you choose to *only* modify this file on your client. I don't know how this is done, I won't be supporting it, but here are the dark words you need to change inside the file to make 200 hp ticks happen:

Best of luck...
I cannot believe they actually did this.

Edit: I am referring to your title. :/

KCIV4

02-22-2013

I want 200 ticks!

Best LeeSinga NA

02-22-2013

basically op, it may help visibility, but the 100hp ticks are so ingrained into our play that if changed would rock league for atleast a week

QcFlayre

02-22-2013

I hope they find a way to make it clearer how much health people have because currently it's just a mess of little bars.

ltachi

02-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
In some of the iterations we had we had 3 types of ticks: MegaTicks (the big black ones), Ticks (the thinner lines you currently see) and Microticks (like ticks, but they don't draw all the way across the bar). Think of microticks to be the .5" markers on you 12" ruler. It thus was a way for us to call more attention to every 200hp marker while still compromising and having consistent 100hp markers.
There is no approved way to use microticks now is there? Sorry if I'm pushing our luck! <3

Pikku Nino

03-01-2013

So... where is the GeneralCharacterData.ini? I can find it in PBE files, but not in the live ones. I thought the patch with this thing just came...

Voidgolem

03-01-2013

indirect Darius nerf to go with the actual Darius nerf. Riot pls.

Krshna

03-01-2013

Quote:
After some discussion with Brackhar, he felt comfortable allowing players to modify the contents of the GeneralCharacterData.ini file, if you are sufficiently technically capable of doing so.

So while this won't be officially supported, you won't be banned if you choose to *only* modify this file on your client. I don't know how this is done, I won't be supporting it, but here are the dark words you need to change inside the file to make 200 hp ticks happen:

Best of luck...
Is there any way someone can tell us where the Generalcharacterdata.ini file is???

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

03-01-2013
5 of 9 Riot Posts

Data\Menu_SC4\GeneralCharacterData.ini

Maybe. I haven't tried modding my client at home, so I don't know how this format works.

DeathByWaffle

03-01-2013

Quote:
Data\Menu_SC4\GeneralCharacterData.ini

Maybe
Stuck in ghost game. How does I fix? D: