Riot - Please Respond regarding AUSTRALIAN / OCEANIC Server

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hitmandead

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMirkinen View Post
Bump

We want dedicated Oceanic service and support as much as you guys, and we're working hard behind the scenes to make that happen.

As Zerglinator just noticed, we just opened a couple of positions for Riot Sydney: http://www.riotgames.com/careers?loc...5D=425&search=

If you or someone you know is passionate about community or esports in Oceania, please apply!

That's all I've got for today, but I did want to make sure you know we're listening, we're working, and we'll have more to share soon(TM).
I wish I would apply but im still under 14 and haven't finished high school yet
I also have no work experience

Nojusticee

03-01-2013

and the option to transfer account to the server?

wolfezin

03-01-2013

Awwwww yisss

Darkzorbas

03-01-2013

Still opean ? Bump

A Moist Crevice

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMirkinen View Post
Bump

We want dedicated Oceanic service and support as much as you guys, and we're working hard behind the scenes to make that happen.

As Zerglinator just noticed, we just opened a couple of positions for Riot Sydney: http://www.riotgames.com/careers?loc...5D=425&search=

If you or someone you know is passionate about community or esports in Oceania, please apply!

That's all I've got for today, but I did want to make sure you know we're listening, we're working, and we'll have more to share soon(TM).
Shame the only thing I would be capable of doing is voicing for champions, but I'm willing to bet you do all that in America, and have people in mind for the next few champions already ):

xDeathreign

03-01-2013

I refuse to play ranked games when I know I'm terribly disadvantaged for having a 180+ ping. PLEASE bring out Oceanic servers. There are servers in Turkey and Brazil, why not Oceanic?

Bacon Overflow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2013

+rep for ANZAC

MasterMirkinen

Country Manager - Oceania

03-01-2013
4 of 20 Riot Posts

Hey guys,

thank you so much for the overwhelming reaction to the Sydney Openings announcement.
I just wanted to share another piece of information.
Today we also opened 2 jobs based out of Sydney in the Technical Operation department.
You can find them here: http://www.riotgames.com/careers?loc...5D=425&search=

I also wanted to clarify couple of things:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erased321 View Post
I just had a quick question - I have a background in IT support (desktop support) - do you have any idea if a similar position will be opened at some stage for the Sydney office?
I'd love to apply if so.
Not sure exactly about your background but we did open 2 new position today with a technical background. You can find then here: http://www.riotgames.com/careers?loc...5D=425&search=
Stay tuned as we will open more in the next weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagNZ View Post
if the new region is released, would an account transfer be possible?
Id hate to have to grind for levels, my champions, runes and buy my skins all over again
We are aware that "not losing content you already purchased / unlocked" is something important for you so rest assure we are working on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnandahalf View Post
I wouldn't mind some kind of confirmation that they are releasing servers, and not just an Esports office!
We will release servers there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plazman View Post
I heard that Australian servers will be available late March, 2013
This is not true unfortunately. We are hiring now so it's going to take longer than that to be ready.

Mensidiaverne

03-01-2013

Oh man MasterMirkinen thanks for some solid red answers.

At least we Aussies now know for certain that local servers WILL be coming. We don't expect them straight away but we will all be eagerly looking forward to them.

WarmTurtle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2013

Nice, thanks for the info Mirk. All my Oceanic friends are flippin' out right now.