Talk to the guy who did the Xin and Zed changes here

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NightFire666

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashGizmo View Post
I figure these changes will be somewhat controversial, so I've decided to make a thread to field questions about them. Fire away community.

Xin nerf is a joke right? Because right now Akali is laughing at the side!

I Am Whitebeard

03-01-2013

Why you such a ****ing moron?

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffum View Post
I like zed, but I don't understand how using his shuriken is more risky than using his shadow slash. Unless I'm misinterpreting it.

Unrelated, love your icon.
Well thanks you, don't you just love me big ol question mark? =p

Ask Tyrant Swain

03-01-2013

How are the Xin changes controversial?

Illyriomysterio

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz4 View Post
QFT

Also, why isn't the damage on his ult front-ended if he's supposed to be an assassin?
At least your other abilities are usable past your ulti. Tell me when he's hit as hard by Malzahar by a QSS.

SmashGizmo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

QA Analyst

03-01-2013
2 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTheCrusader View Post
Why did you decide to shift damage into Zed's Q from his E? I thought it was already clear that maxing Q was the best bet because it got the damage bonus from his clone.
In high level play, we were seeing Zeds max Q last. He would start by maxing E and then max W second for the CD, energy returns and bonus AD. The problem with the old level up incentive is that you were looking at 35 damage/rank in Q vs. 35 damage/rank in E. It's no surprise here that players were choosing the skill on half the CD, with the slow utility, and lower energy cost, especially considering that it isn't a skill shot while the alternative is.

The total amount of damage on Zed's kit is very finely tuned, so in order to put any extra damage anywhere, we need to remove it from elsewhere, so in order to make Q more appealing, we also needed to hit E to keep his burst curve in line with other characters. The end result of this change still leaves E as Zed's highest DPS skill, while hopefully making Q a viable alternative for poke and straight-up burst.

DemacianDerp

03-01-2013

Why'd you nerf his E? The thought process seems to be something like "Zed's Q sucks and nobody prioritizes it's leveling. We could make it better to make it worth using, or we could nerf his E, so that his Q sucks less by comparison. Let's go with the second thing".

Cheeto101

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostStalker86 View Post
2). Q is too hard to hit with because there's soemthing wrong with either how responsive it is, the projectile speed, or the animation? Something is wrong with it. I don't know what it is, but it's something.
Its the hitbox. Its very small (might even be smaller then the projectile).

Honestly, a small buff to his Q's hitbox would be a nice QoL buff.

Fatealis

03-01-2013

zed change was unfortunate. The responsiveness and missle speed need to be slightly better for anyone to consider using Q . Even with the changes everyone will R>E>W>q

Xiao Rettousei

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashGizmo View Post
In high level play, we were seeing Zeds max Q last. He would start by maxing E and then max W second for the CD, energy returns and bonus AD. The problem with the old level up incentive is that you were looking at 35 damage/rank in Q vs. 35 damage/rank in E. It's no surprise here that players were choosing the skill on half the CD, with the slow utility, and lower energy cost, especially considering that it isn't a skill shot while the alternative is.

The total amount of damage on Zed's kit is very finely tuned, so in order to put any extra damage anywhere, we need to remove it from elsewhere, so in order to make Q more appealing, we also needed to hit E to keep his burst curve in line with other characters. The end result of this change still leaves E as Zed's highest DPS skill, while hopefully making Q a viable alternative for poke and straight-up burst.
Why dont you buff W cd? Just like nautilus shield , the cooldown is WAY to high..