Smart Ping Is Here

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StriderXplosive

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunaticjuan2 View Post
My only concern is that my pings might be smarter than my teammates.
dude....I play in the same room with my premade RL friends....and I scream out MIA MIA and ping like mad...and they don't listen....now I have more of a reason to elbow drop the sh it out of them if they die with warning signs. XD

ZzRadio

03-01-2013

Probably should have used hotkeys like H and B or F and C, unless we can set hotkeys that is

Quinator

03-01-2013

I'm so pleased about the mini nerf on Nidalee, specially on that cougar form.

tehpeanut

03-01-2013

Thanks Riot! Love the update, keep up the good work!

Synthax

03-01-2013

How is it "smart" ? If it were smart, it would ping automatically for you. That's just extended ping.

Goddess Din

03-01-2013

I absolutely love this new system, and I have a few comments/suggestions I'd like to make:

1) Seeing pings on the ground is AMAZING omfg, we can now be extremely specific instead of just vague "near mid lane" pings.
2) Due to the fact that there's a drag-to-use UI I'd love to see an "Enemy Warded" and "Please Ward Here" option just so you can alert your team mates to those things, it'd be very useful.
3) Right now the old "Retreat!" ping and the new "Danger!" ping I believe have the same chat callouts when you ping a location on the ground, I'd love to see "Retreat!" changed to say "<champion> signals to retreat from the area!" because I can see times where you'd want to warn someone of danger but not have them leave, or vice-versa. The way those two pings are called out right now is just too similar.

Overall great addition though and I love where the UI is going

Goddess Din

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinator View Post
I'm so pleased about the mini nerf on Nidalee, specially on that cougar form.
They increased swipe AP ratio to 0.6 from 0.4 as well as the nerf. It's not really a nerf to Nidalee as much of a tweak to make her cougar form more like a real cougar in the sense of it does a lot of damage but isn't super beefy. In my eyes (I play Nidalee exclusively as an AP, with or without health and tanky items) I see this as a buff. :3

ElitePbear

03-01-2013

This is great riot, you don't know how many times I've died or gotten caught by typing MIA or RE

treblaM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

03-01-2013

I hope you can hotkey each one, so you don't have to click and drag each time.

Tobasco da Gama

03-01-2013

I have a VERY important question about Smart Ping.

Can I replace the sounds for the "?" and "!" pings with the sounds the guards from Metal Gear Solid make?

Thank you.